Guess who's back :) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Guess who's back :)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Guess who's back :)

Postby Nero » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:06 am

Hiho Arlo and everyone else ;-D

Well it was bound to happen right? :D

So tonight I'm an online draft...have about 10 hours til it kicks off. I haven't studied a lick, haven't even paid attention in 3-4 seasons so to my old brothers at the cafe I'm asking for a crash course. Sleeper me to death...let me know who to avoid at all costs and what the lay of the land is.

Now that I'm back in a league...hell, I'll be back at the cafe racing CHawk to...what is it now...10,000??? ;)
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Guess who's back :)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:20 am

Nero wrote:Hiho Arlo and everyone else ;-D

Well it was bound to happen right? :D

So tonight I'm an online draft...have about 10 hours til it kicks off. I haven't studied a lick, haven't even paid attention in 3-4 seasons so to my old brothers at the cafe I'm asking for a crash course. Sleeper me to death...let me know who to avoid at all costs and what the lay of the land is.

Now that I'm back in a league...hell, I'll be back at the cafe racing CHawk to...what is it now...10,000??? ;)

HAHA, it has been a wile, huh. :-b :-b

Oh and I would recomment checking out the rankings and mock drafts in the rankings section
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:30 am

Wow, it's been a long time. I haven't seen you post in ... years.

Things have changed a little (for the better :-] ) since you last posted. Welcome back and keep away from Portis and Javon this year. For sleepers look at Santonio Holmes and Alex Smith.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:19 am

Rackers is on the comeback trail, have you seen his commercial? 8-o
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby SniperShot » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:56 am

Wow sweet. Your last post was before my existence here. Welcome back.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby m16a » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:27 am

Welcome back old timer :-b

Couple of sleepers this year to aid a guy who is no doubt a great cafer beyond my time ;-D

QB: Alex Smith, SF- The guy has impressive ability and has had a couple years to mature. Now he finally has the weapons to score big time.
See also:
-Matt Leinart(ARI)

RB:Travis Henry, DEN- Downhill runner on a team that blocks for down hill runners. If he stays healthy(which I think he will) and Shanny doesn't go crazy, he should do quite well for the low 1st round, high second round pick you can get him for.
See also:

WR: Reggie Brown, PHI- No, this isn't a homer pick. I really do believe he is going to do well this year. He's third year, he's on a pass happy offense, and he's a skilled receiver. Plus, when McNabb likes a receiver, good things happen(EX, TO, 04 year)
See also:
-DJ Hackett(SEA)
-Vincent Jackson(SD)

TE: Vernon Davis, SF- Extremely talented guy. He's 6'4(I think) and around 250 but has the speed of someone half his size(runs a 4.4X 40 yard I believe) He's got the physical ability and easily creates mismatches with his size. Plus Gore and Djax will open things up for him a bit.

=============================
Well, in my opinion, those are some sleepers at each of the main positions. Good luck getting back into things ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Nero » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:48 am

Well I see that some great guys have come aboard since I've left...nice to see the talent at the cafe remains 2nd to none :)

m16a...you can't tease me with the "see also" under RB and leave it blank....that's probably the place I was most looking to score ;)
Nero
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:43 pm

Stay away from Mr. Vick at all costs :-B

Welcome back ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:50 pm

Nero wrote:Well I see that some great guys have come aboard since I've left...nice to see the talent at the cafe remains 2nd to none :)

m16a...you can't tease me with the "see also" under RB and leave it blank....that's probably the place I was most looking to score ;)

that's m16a for you, he's a lot like these guys:

:-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Blast from the past for sure. 8-o Long, long time no see. Hope life's been good to you! ;-D

I'd give fantasy football help if I could, but I pretty well stink at it and am still more of a baseball guy - even though these guys have tried to convert me. :-b

So all I can offer is a "Welcome Back!". ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk