Portis looks ready - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Portis looks ready

Moderator: Football Moderators

Portis looks ready

Postby northcuttfan » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:57 pm

in the interview ... he seems very motivated to show his skillllllllllz... to bad he dint get any bday presents from santana

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801e9e1b
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Portis looks ready

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:18 pm

Like I said in the Injury forum, I'm in no way concerned about Portis still being injured, he milked the knee thing to get out of playing pre-season games, but he'll be ready to show he's still got it come Week 1.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:10 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:Like I said in the Injury forum, I'm in no way concerned about Portis still being injured, he milked the knee thing to get out of playing pre-season games, but he'll be ready to show he's still got it come Week 1.

Possible, but at the same time tendonitis is an aggravating thing. I know because I have it in my hip flexors and knees. Basically the more activity you do, the more inflamed they get. Nothing to take lightly.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:58 am

Didn't Westbrook have knee tendenitis heading into last year as well?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:19 am

Personally, I think Portis is ready. Aside from his asinine dog fighting comments, I have always liked the guy. That team needs him, otherwise teams will force campbell to beat them, and I think he is a year away from being able to do that.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MotorCityKitties » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

What to do.....what to do? How many people here are biting on Portis in the third round? It's so tempting. If he's milking his injury he could be the steal of the draft. Personally, I hope he gets picked in the 2nd round so I don't have to worry about it.
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:27 pm

In a 12 teamer, I'd take Portis late 2nd round. If I had pick 1 or 2, I could auto-pilot that. LT or S-Jax plus Portis is great. If you can get him mid to late 3rd, he's likely the pick that can win you your league. I love the idea of going best RB-Steve Smith-Portis with a pick anywhere in the 8-10th range first round.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Felix the Cat » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:35 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:What to do.....what to do? How many people here are biting on Portis in the third round? It's so tempting. If he's milking his injury he could be the steal of the draft. Personally, I hope he gets picked in the 2nd round so I don't have to worry about it.

Well, Portis was being taken in the late 1st round in many early mocks... I'm not sure why he'd even be a questionable selection in the third.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:33 pm

maddog60 wrote:In a 12 teamer, I'd take Portis late 2nd round. If I had pick 1 or 2, I could auto-pilot that. LT or S-Jax plus Portis is great. If you can get him mid to late 3rd, he's likely the pick that can win you your league. I love the idea of going best RB-Steve Smith-Portis with a pick anywhere in the 8-10th range first round.

very much agreed, im pairing him with s alexander, and depending on where u get him, or for how much in a trade, he could easily win the league for u...portis has NEVER had a down season, and is almost a lock for 1400 yds, 10+ tds...do the math and check the points especially for a RB2

i traded chestor taylor and crayton for him, so his value was low in my league do to not playing much, but i think he's ready to go back to form...in terms of the draft, in the 3rd he shoulda been a no brainer, 2nd maybe iffy
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:20 pm

i just drafted in a public league and landed portis in the 4th. i already had rudi and maroney, so i can handle him as a backup :-b ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk