Portis looks ready - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Portis looks ready

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Portis looks ready

Postby rocky123 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:19 am

I picked him up in the 5th round of a 12 team private league. It was a roll of the dice but hopefully it will pay off. I have SJax and Jacobs as my starters anyway.
rocky123
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:10 am

deluxe_247 wrote:i just drafted in a public league and landed portis in the 4th. i already had rudi and maroney, so i can handle him as a backup :-b ;-D

That's no fair, D. You know Yahoo Public Leagues don't count... :-b

But you're right, he's gonna be available as a decent value pick. I just got him at 3.12 in one of my Money Leagues because everyone's afraid of the tendinitis. And it definately helps with the risk if you already have 2 solid RBs ahead of him (got FWP/Henry on the 1/2 Turn), that way if the injury does seriously affect him, you're not too deep in the hole at RB...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby moose_ffc » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:17 am

I have no doubt that Portis will be ready to start the season. FINISH THE SEASON is another isssue all together! I love me some Ladell Betts!!!
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:37 am

rocky123 wrote:I picked him up in the 5th round of a 12 team private league. It was a roll of the dice but hopefully it will pay off. I have SJax and Jacobs as my starters anyway.

Portis in the 5th is the furthest thing from a "roll of the dice" as you can get at that point.

By the end of the year you'll be thanking the Fantasy Football Gods that they granted you Portis in the 5th to make up for that decision of taking Jacobs ahead of him.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby vickfan07 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:41 pm

i have a draft coming up soon. its a 10 team no keeper draft anyone think portis would last until my late 4th round pick?
vickfan07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:04 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
rocky123 wrote:I picked him up in the 5th round of a 12 team private league. It was a roll of the dice but hopefully it will pay off. I have SJax and Jacobs as my starters anyway.

Portis in the 5th is the furthest thing from a "roll of the dice" as you can get at that point.

By the end of the year you'll be thanking the Fantasy Football Gods that they granted you Portis in the 5th to make up for that decision of taking Jacobs ahead of him.

Exactly, by week 3 at least Jacobs will be on your bench and Portis will be racking up the points...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk