Rank These WRs: Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and Javon Walker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rank These WRs: Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and Javon Walker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rank These WRs: Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and Javon Walker

Postby jmog » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:29 am

Evans is too inconsistant for me. 1 week he'll go insane and single handedly win your fantasy matchup for you then he'll disappear for weeks at a time.

Boldin
-----
Walker
Evans.

Boldin is even farther above these 2 if its PPR.

Walker and Evans were the only 2 left in their "tier" with just a few picks before mine in the 3rd or 4th round (can't remember which). I was so glad that 2 guys before me took Evans and left me Walker.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:36 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
moonhead wrote:i don't like evans. didn't he put up all his stats in like 3 games? anyway, my vote goes to walker and boldin.

edit:
evans put up half his tds and nearly half his yards in 3 games last year. not sure i really want that kind of inconsistency. boldin had a down year, and walker was just getting healthy, learning a new system, and learning a new qb. i suppose it's a matter of opinion, but, my opinion is walker and boldin.

Would you put a guy like Chad Johnson ahead of these guys?

Not like I'm arguing this fact at all, I'd still take Boldin on top of these other 2 guys.

chad had an inconsistent year last year as well, but he's more proven as a fantasy star wr. i'd rank chad above these guys. not much ahead of javon. i really like javon this year. and i think chad has a bounce back year as well.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Big Game JLo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:58 am

One thing to also consider is the strength of schedule.

Boldin faces the 12th easiest pass schedule in all of the NFL.
Walker faces the 4th hardest pass schedule.
Evans faces the 11th hardest pass schedule.
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Felix the Cat » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:01 am

Walker
Evans
Boldin

I'm not a big Boldin fan.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 2ksports » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:27 am

I would go Evans here. He reminds me alot of Steve Smith. He also ended last year with 4 straight touchdowns. If you only take the 2nd half of last season as a guage for this year, it's a no-brainer. Evans is an established #1 wideout with world-class speed and his relationship with Losman is similar to Steve Smith's relationship with Delhomme. He is also the best athelete of the 3 and creates the most mismatches. He is also the only one of the 3 that can consistently break a double team.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Al and Almas » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:47 am

2ksports wrote:I would go Evans here. He reminds me alot of Steve Smith. He also ended last year with 4 straight touchdowns. If you only take the 2nd half of last season as a guage for this year, it's a no-brainer. Evans is an established #1 wideout with world-class speed and his relationship with Losman is similar to Steve Smith's relationship with Delhomme. He is also the best athelete of the 3 and creates the most mismatches. He is also the only one of the 3 that can consistently break a double team.

I would definetly argue that boldin is the best athlete. Evans is incredibly fast, but boldin is fast, breaks tackles, makes great catches and can throw the ball 60 yards in the air (not that this matters too much for fantasy). Also, Boldin doesn't have to break a double team because he has an established receiver on the other side unlike both evans and walker. This may take away some of his targets but leads to more single coverage.
Al and Almas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:52 am

Boldin's the most likely to have an aneurysm during a game, though. Did you guys see the way he was freaking out over minor problems in the last preseason game? It was actually uncomfortable to watch.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby jupiter33 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:13 pm

I drafted this week and picked Evans in the 5th round. Evans has a bond with Losman that is similar to Steve Smith and Delhomme. I don't know what his Yards after Catch(YAC) is, but I'd guess it's #1 out of the 3 recievers discussed. Viewing the 1st 5 weeks of the schedule, it looks like Losman will be tossing it up as they should be behind, so I think this will only help get Evans off to a good start. And we all know how he plays towards years end in the fantasy playoffs.
I'd put Boldin as the #2 here. 8-10 TD's. He'll put up similar #'s to Fitz, and either one could end up on the short end of the stick when it comes to TD's.
Walker, I have at 3rd. He may have a few big plays from busted coverages and I have him projected at 8-9 TDs.
jupiter33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:17 pm

Evans
Walker
Boldin
J35J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BVRBLVR » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:47 am

Where do Housh and Driver fit in on this list? I have my pick of these five and may get two after the turn (Rds 3 and 4 of a 14 teamer). Who should I take? Duece is also out there. Currently I have Maroney and Harrison...
BVRBLVR
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk