Who thinks Devin Hester - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who thinks Devin Hester

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who thinks Devin Hester

Postby JakeTrain72 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:37 am

OK I think we understand in leagues without ret yards he shouldnt be on a roster unless its a 16 team league.

But I think people need to really bump him up in the rankings in leagues that do count return yards. Hester will not be kicked to as often this season, so expecting another 1000 return yards is probably not too smart. But he will be an explosive WR that they will utilize when he is in the game.

Reverses, WR screens, deep balls...I am thinking he can gobble up 300+ and 2 TDs. Throw in say 700 and 3 in the return game and you have 1000 and 5. Add in receptions for PPR leagues and he gets another 20-30 points. He is a nice #3 WR that will be worth starting each week, not just a bye week filler.

Hester doesn't just need to be on the radar screen in ret yardage leagues, he deserves to be taken before round 10.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:27 pm

knapplc wrote:Those of you who continue to floccinaucinihilipilificate Hester do so at your own peril, that's all I have to say.

I may be the only person here grandiloquent enough to know that this means "the act of process of determining something to be of little or no value."
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:37 pm

FatFoot wrote:
knapplc wrote:Those of you who continue to floccinaucinihilipilificate Hester do so at your own peril, that's all I have to say.

I may be the only person here grandiloquent enough to know that this means "the act of process of determining something to be of little or no value."

EIther that or you googled it...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Just because you don't have a copy of the Grandiloquent Dictionary doesn't mean that everyone operates such a limited lexicon. I looked it up the first time I saw it (10+ years ago) and it stuck.

:-)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:24 pm

FatFoot wrote:Just because you don't have a copy of the Grandiloquent Dictionary doesn't mean that everyone operates such a limited lexicon. I looked it up the first time I saw it (10+ years ago) and it stuck.

:-)

What's a dictionary?? :-B

I'll admit I didn't know what knapp meant with flocc-whatever the rest was. I thought he was saying he had some erectile dysfunction type thing that caused hallucinations. Eh, in any case, I can proudly say that I'll probably never see that word again. Thanks for the definition though, FatFoot.
:-b

And don't forget folks, that right now the official word from Lovie Smith is that Hester won't be returning kickoffs this year, only punts. That should drop the estimates from his return yards a bit for this year. But then again, after Danieal Manning's mistake last week, Hester might end up returning kickoffs again later in the regular season.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:45 pm

I'll stick with Welker over Hester. I'm from Chicago and watch every Bears clip I can find and Hester is NOT a good WR. He's faster than the Flash looking for a bathroom during a bout with diarrhea but his patterns and blocking skills leave much to be desired. His main skill is his miraculous run back ability. He might catch a pass or two, elude the first guy and break a long one but he will not be a consistent multiple catches every game receiver.

Welker, on the other hand is a solid slot WR who also returns kicks. He has great hands, excellent speed and has the moves to prevent defenses from covering him. New England grabbed him away from Miami because they couldn't cover him. He kept getting open and getting first downs in their 2 division games each year. Now Miami doesn't have him and New England does. Great move by NE to add to their team while making a division rival's team worse. Keep in mind that Moss and Stallworth will draw the best cover guys leaving Welker to go up against the 3rd or 4th best defender and rarely get double covered. He is going to be open all year. Tom Brady is already looking for him when he needs a play so I expect Welker to have a better year this year than he has ever had in Miami. If Brady starts throwing to him in the red zone, Welker will be the steal of the draft.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:22 pm

That's why I drafted both Hester and Welker in my Return Yards league, Flyn. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:23 pm

Devin Hester had exactly one offensive snap on Sunday.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:30 pm

The Lung wrote:Devin Hester had exactly one offensive snap on Sunday.

But that was one game, against one of the best defenses of the league.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:09 pm

knapplc wrote:
The Lung wrote:Devin Hester had exactly one offensive snap on Sunday.

But that was one game, against one of the best defenses of the league.

This game shows that Hester is too upredictable a scorer to play as a starter.

As I mentioned earlier, I'd think about using Welker but not Hester. If Welker has another 10+ points week next week, I'm going to seriously think about starting him week 3.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk