Sweet High School Prank - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sweet High School Prank

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sweet High School Prank

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:37 pm

seems like a strong punishment, but yeah... who knows, maybe this dude was a troublemaker before and that is why it was 3 days.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:47 pm

During my senior year a student streaked across the field with a message that said "@$%^ You Kennedy" (our opponent) written on his chest and back. He got one day of detention after school, which amounts to 45 minutes. These guys got screwed. :-D
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:01 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:During my senior year a student streaked across the field with a message that said "@$%^ You Kennedy" (our opponent) written on his chest and back. He got one day of detention after school, which amounts to 45 minutes. These guys got screwed. :-D

Geez, these days you could probably get explusion for that.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:11 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Maybe this is the young person in me talking, but I don't think they should have gotten suspension for that. I mean, its not like it was harmful. It was a harmless fun prank and will spark a great rivalry between the schools probably. IDK, but I think that it shouldn't have been that big of a deal.

Oh and thanks for the video link. I was fixing to go search for it.

Nothing against you at all joel, but you gotta realize how overreactive high schools are today. I'm a junior now, and it gets ridiculous at times.

Yeah, I know that they are. I mean, just look at some of the stories we have here on the Cafe. I wasn't talking about my surprise as much as my disagreement with it. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:13 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:During my senior year a student streaked across the field with a message that said "@$%^ You Kennedy" (our opponent) written on his chest and back. He got one day of detention after school, which amounts to 45 minutes. These guys got screwed. :-D

And it wouldn't be too much to get expelled for that IMO
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:18 pm

knapplc wrote:In other news, Joel and Madison, what is wrong with Texas? Why is everything there broken? My cousin lived there for ten years and he was always telling me how people were "fixing" to do this or "fixing" to do that. I had hoped that you guys had gotten that stuff cleared up since he moved back to Chicago five years ago, but today Joel says he was "fixing" to search for that video.

Don't they sell duct tape in Texas? Or super glue? All this fixing that needs to be done - I think I'm quitting my state job and I'm going to open up a hardware store in Dallas. I'll be a millionaire in a week!

:-b ;-)

You know, the funny thing was I actually noticed it when I typed it out. If I were talking, I wouldn't have ever noticed, but when I typed it, I nearly changed it, then nearly changed it to fixin' to before deciding to keep it the same. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:18 pm

knapplc wrote:Great video! Thanks for the link, Sox!

I'm with Madison - it's necessarily the three-day in-school suspension that bothered me, it's the semester ban on activities that I thought was too much. While the three-day suspension is still really stiff for that "offense" banning him for a semester is beyond the scope of the "wrong" he did.

Even guys from the "victim" school were posting on YouTube saying it was funny.

In other news, Joel and Madison, what is wrong with Texas? Why is everything there broken? My cousin lived there for ten years and he was always telling me how people were "fixing" to do this or "fixing" to do that. I had hoped that you guys had gotten that stuff cleared up since he moved back to Chicago five years ago, but today Joel says he was "fixing" to search for that video.

Don't they sell duct tape in Texas? Or super glue? All this fixing that needs to be done - I think I'm quitting my state job and I'm going to open up a hardware store in Dallas. I'll be a millionaire in a week!

:-b ;-)

BTW it'a not "fixing" it is "fixin" which the Texan to yankee translation means "getting ready"

"Fixing" means the same as it does to you yankees -- something is broken.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:18 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

And it wouldn't be too much to get expelled for that IMO

I completely agree, I'm shocked he didn't get more than that. BlueBandit, when did you go to high school?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:57 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Geez, these days you could probably get explusion for that.

I completely agree, I'm shocked he didn't get more than that. BlueBandit, when did you go to high school?

Geez it wasn't that long ago. :-b Graduated in 2004, so that would have occured in the fall of 2003. I was a little bit surprised he didn't get more, but our entire district was pretty lenient when it came to pranks/gimmicks relating to games.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:46 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:I completely agree, I'm shocked he didn't get more than that. BlueBandit, when did you go to high school?

Geez it wasn't that long ago. :-b Graduated in 2004, so that would have occured in the fall of 2003. I was a little bit surprised he didn't get more, but our entire district was pretty lenient when it came to pranks/gimmicks relating to games.[/quote]

I guess I'm not used to that. Students can get (and have gotten) suspended for what they say on Facebook about sports in my school district, so I'm surprised.

No offense meant. :-b
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk