Should i get a WR earlier than a QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Should i get a WR earlier than a QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should i get a WR earlier than a QB?

Postby midnite003 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:16 pm

Hey this is my first time doing fantasy, my league gives 1pt. for each 10 yards receiving - and 1 pt for every 25 yards passing.

Is this the average scoring for most leagues? OR does it mean that mean instead of grabbing 2 RBs in the first 2 rounds, i should look for a QB or WR as well.

I have the 6th pick in a 12 person draft.
midnite003
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should i get a WR earlier than a QB?

Postby Atog » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:12 pm

That's average scoring for most leagues.
The majority of people who play a lot of fantasy football like to pick RBs in the first 2 rounds and a WR in the third. Usually you should wait to pick a quarterback until much later in the draft (like, the 9th round or even later) because you can get good value down there in guys like Hasselbeck.

In conclusion, don't pick a WR or QB in the first round. Pick a WR in the second round only if there aren't any good RBs available and or Peyton Manning is available in the second round I'd take him.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby midnite003 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:10 pm

Damn, that certainly sounds like sage advice - but i almost didn't notice you were a Lions fan!

Phew - almost bit the bullet on that one.

Just messin' ;-D Thanks for the advice - i'll probably grab whatever the best RB is that drops to me, Probably Frank Gore or Joe Addai - maybe i'll reach for Willie Parker, i have a good feelings about him this year.
midnite003
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby knapplc » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:30 pm

Yes, Atog is one of our Lions fans, but despite that character flaw he's right on. You should wait until after you have AT LEAST your first two RBs and AT LEAST one WR to get a QB. If passing TDs are 4 points in your league I'd wait until the 8th or 9th to get a QB for certain.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Beginner's Forum