Vikes vs Cowboys - Preseason Game Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vikes vs Cowboys - Preseason Game Commentary

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Vikes vs Cowboys - Preseason Game Commentary

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:58 pm

Uggggg.....

for those watching on the Dallas telecast, are all these Jerry jones commercials for Papa John's driving you nuts yet? !+) :-P
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:59 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
treat24 wrote:hey joel, you think folk will take that job?

I am hoping SOOOO bad that they keep him and Gramatica to start the season. That's the only way I see our kicking game being actually good this season. I think that they should keep them both if they can fly the roster spots and then see how it plays out. I am just sick of not having a kicking game worth crap. what I really wish though is that McBriar could kick off. Then we just have to worry about somebody making FG's and not the kickoffs too.

man, that's a whole lot of players for what should be one job... so stay away from them fantasy wise you say... i have a league that you start 2 kickers... i have 3, but like an idiot 2 of them have the same bye week
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:02 pm

treat24 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
treat24 wrote:hey joel, you think folk will take that job?

I am hoping SOOOO bad that they keep him and Gramatica to start the season. That's the only way I see our kicking game being actually good this season. I think that they should keep them both if they can fly the roster spots and then see how it plays out. I am just sick of not having a kicking game worth crap. what I really wish though is that McBriar could kick off. Then we just have to worry about somebody making FG's and not the kickoffs too.

man, that's a whole lot of players for what should be one job... so stay away from them fantasy wise you say... i have a league that you start 2 kickers... i have 3, but like an idiot 2 of them have the same bye week

Yeah, I would say stay away. If you took a chance on them, I would say grab Folk cause he should start out since I think Gramatica is still a little hurt. But you are right that you could see both of them kick a FG in the same game. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:13 pm

Nice INT there. ;-D ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:33 pm

WOW, the Cowboys put Anthony Spencer and Spears both back in the game in the fourth quarter....

I think that Phillips wants to win this game with doing that and throwing those 8-man blitzes that drive. 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:58 am

3.5 pages of commentary for a game of backups? %-6

That punt return was sweet. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:12 am

Jimboozie wrote:3.5 pages of commentary for a game of backups? %-6

Of course man. It felt so good to get back in the swing of these commentary threads. I had forgotten how much fun they were. :-) :-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby treat24 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:38 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:3.5 pages of commentary for a game of backups? %-6

Of course man. It felt so good to get back in the swing of these commentary threads. I had forgotten how much fun they were. :-) :-)

here here, especially when there are decent people in the thread, some of the people can get annoying in GC threads...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby eagles21 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:54 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:McMullen should be cut. Dude's 6'4 but can't make any plays and thinks he has leeway to go throwing punches. Give him his walking papers.

Billy McMullen-WR-Vikings Aug. 31 - 2:25 pm et

Vikings waived WR Billy McMullen, C Norm Katnik, and C Kyle Cook.

You can only keep so many centers. McMullen at one point seemed to have a decent chance to start, but fell behind Martin Nance and Sidney Rice.

:-b ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:06 pm

eagles21 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:McMullen should be cut. Dude's 6'4 but can't make any plays and thinks he has leeway to go throwing punches. Give him his walking papers.

Billy McMullen-WR-Vikings Aug. 31 - 2:25 pm et

Vikings waived WR Billy McMullen, C Norm Katnik, and C Kyle Cook.

You can only keep so many centers. McMullen at one point seemed to have a decent chance to start, but fell behind Martin Nance and Sidney Rice.

:-b ;-D

LOL, big surprise. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting