How many defense players should I have? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

How many defense players should I have?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How many defense players should I have?

Postby thenerdherd » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:03 pm

This is my first year in Fantasy Football. How many defense players should I have? I did auto-draft and it only gave me two. -Help!?
thenerdherd
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How many defense players should I have?

Postby sliders51 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:40 pm

By defense players do you mean individual players like Brian Urlacher or team defenses like the Bears?

If it's team defense I'd go with one defense if its a good one and use a free agent defense on the bye.

If its an IDP league you need all your starters obviously and maybe 1 or 2 bench players for each position like LB, DB, and DL.

It would help if you gave more information about your roster and the league settings.
sliders51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cowsvils » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:14 am

Depends how deep your league and benches are. Assuming that you have a rather standard league, you will not want any team defenses on your bench. I like to carry one IDP on my bench to substitute for bye weeks.
cowsvils
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jbel1021 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:24 pm

I notice a lot of ppl that have IDP on the bench. It's a waste imo. U can just drop and add a player on their bye. They're really easy to come by.
jbel1021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sliders51 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:42 pm

jbel1021 wrote:I notice a lot of ppl that have IDP on the bench. It's a waste imo. U can just drop and add a player on their bye. They're really easy to come by.

You must be in a small league then. In my IDP league there is nobody in free agents so you gotta draft good backups.
sliders51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jbel1021 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:01 pm

sliders51 wrote:
jbel1021 wrote:I notice a lot of ppl that have IDP on the bench. It's a waste imo. U can just drop and add a player on their bye. They're really easy to come by.

You must be in a small league then. In my IDP league there is nobody in free agents so you gotta draft good backups.

I'm in 14 team leagues and 16 team leagues, and not one backup. U gotta figure that even if u have a good backup, they won't be starting at all during the season except for one week. I'm also trying to explain that u could pick up a backup RB or someone that may be a sleeper, instead of wasting a roster spot on another IDP.
jbel1021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thenerdherd » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks for all your feedback -- I realized that I have a defense team. My auto draft actually gave me two, which I've been informed might be excessive. Go Saints! :-°
thenerdherd
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Beginner's Forum