NFC North Official Discussion Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to NFC North

NFC North Official Discussion Thread

Re: NFC North Official Discussion Thread

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 am

treat24 wrote:
brett5673 wrote:It seems like it would be impossible for Minnesota to move, but if you look around, they are definitely one of the top teams to move. I'm trying to think of some others and the one that seems most logical would be the raiders(or do they have a new stadium?).

MN passed funding and invested millions in a new stadium... we won't be going anywhere...

That looks awesome! It isn't one of those stadiums with a retractable roof, is it? I want to see some snow games! :-)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:08 am

Jimboozie wrote:
treat24 wrote:
brett5673 wrote:It seems like it would be impossible for Minnesota to move, but if you look around, they are definitely one of the top teams to move. I'm trying to think of some others and the one that seems most logical would be the raiders(or do they have a new stadium?).

MN passed funding and invested millions in a new stadium... we won't be going anywhere...

That looks awesome! It isn't one of those stadiums with a retractable roof, is it? I want to see some snow games! :-)

It's a Zygi Wilf stadium. It will have a roof, rocket launching pad, IMAX theater, and 24/7 military protection if he gets it his way.

When was that funding bill passed, and do you have a link? Last I heard they were still at a standstill regarding funding from the state and the team. The 35W Bridge collapse doesn't exactly help things as the reconstruction is going to take up a lot of money and resources over the next few years, the stadium project is going to be on the backburner.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:15 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:It's a Zygi Wilf stadium. It will have a roof, rocket launching pad, IMAX theater, and 24/7 military protection if he gets it his way.

When was that funding bill passed, and do you have a link? Last I heard they were still at a standstill regarding funding from the state and the team. The 35W Bridge collapse doesn't exactly help things as the reconstruction is going to take up a lot of money and resources over the next few years, the stadium project is going to be on the backburner.

yeah you're right we passed twins funding, not vikes, that's right... ack...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:05 pm

The Vikes playing in the snow at home would be like the Lions winning 10 games. Not gonna happen. :-B

But anyways, if by whatever circumstance the Vikes do move, would they still be in the NFCN? Because it would kinda stink for Chicago, GB, and Detroit to have to fly all the way to, say LA. Maybe if that does happen, the Vikes could merge into the NFCW and have the Rams move into the NFCN?
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:26 pm

beanoX3 wrote:The Vikes playing in the snow at home would be like the Lions winning 10 games. Not gonna happen. :-B

But anyways, if by whatever circumstance the Vikes do move, would they still be in the NFCN? Because it would kinda stink for Chicago, GB, and Detroit to have to fly all the way to, say LA. Maybe if that does happen, the Vikes could merge into the NFCW and have the Rams move into the NFCN?

yeah that is not gonna happen, and the vikes always used to play in the snow before the dome was built. it's usually snowing here during football season, don't understand your logic or comparison to the lions? If they pass an outdoor stadium, the vikes will probably play in the snow just like the old days. are you saying you don't think it snows during football season in MN, or are you saying you think the state will pony up for that retractable roof? :-?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:38 pm

treat24 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:The Vikes playing in the snow at home would be like the Lions winning 10 games. Not gonna happen. :-B

yeah that is not gonna happen, and the vikes always used to play in the snow before the dome was built. it's usually snowing here during football season, don't understand your logic or comparison to the lions? If they pass an outdoor stadium, the vikes will probably play in the snow just like the old days. are you saying you don't think it snows during football season in MN, or are you saying you think the state will pony up for that retractable roof? :-?

I'm saying that the Vikes new stadium will have a roof, either retractable or static. I don't think they'll get an outdoor stadium because stadiums are built to cater to luxury box people now, and I think more lux boxes could be built if there is a roof overhead. So since I doubt Minny will get an outdoor stadium, they won't be playing in the snow, and then that connects to my Lions connection, since I also think Kitna's 10 win prediction is absurd.
:-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:40 pm

I don't care if the Vikes stadium has a roof, no roof, or no seats, as long as they stay in Minnesota for my lifetime I will be content. B-)
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Popcynical » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:52 am

BlueBandit24 wrote:I don't care if the Vikes stadium has a roof, no roof, or no seats, as long as they stay in Minnesota for my lifetime I will be content. B-)

The Vikings better start selling out games if they want this to happen...
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:25 am

Popcynical wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:I don't care if the Vikes stadium has a roof, no roof, or no seats, as long as they stay in Minnesota for my lifetime I will be content. B-)

we've sold out 95 straight home games (which isn't a ton compared to a team like the pack, but come on man)... not to mention, when ticket sales for this year slowed, comcast agreed to buy out the remaining tickets for home games. So guess what, chalk up 8 more sold out home games, so I have no idea what you are trying to say here? :-?

The dome contract is up in 2011 right bandit? Man I hope we can figure out something...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:38 am

treat24 wrote:
Popcynical wrote:

we've sold out 95 straight home games (which isn't a ton compared to a team like the pack, but come on man)... not to mention, when ticket sales for this year slowed, comcast agreed to buy out the remaining tickets for home games. So guess what, chalk up 8 more sold out home games, so I have no idea what you are trying to say here? :-?

The dome contract is up in 2011 right bandit? Man I hope we can figure out something...

Yep, 2011. Although the Twins got out of their lease and start play in a new stadium in 2010 and the Vikings have a clause that makes it easier to get out of their lease. Pretty irrelevant at this point though since even if legislation got something done soon the new stadium likely wouldn't be completed until after the lease was up. I don't even think the state congress meets again for awhile, and I'm sure the Vikings stadium topic will once again be on their agenda. It's not a fan support issue, as treat mentioned the team has sold out every game since 1998 and it appears with the Comcast buyout that it will extend for a 10th straight season. As long as the Vikes move towards a stadium they will stay in Minny, and I'm sure the NFL would do everything they could do help if the legislature and Zygi Wilf made significant progress in coming to an agreemen.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to NFC North