NFC North Official Discussion Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to NFC North

NFC North Official Discussion Thread

Re: NFC North Official Discussion Thread

Postby treat24 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:44 pm

Vikes are gonna have their hands full with the passing offense of the Lions... man this should be a good game to watch!!!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:54 pm

treat24 wrote:Vikes are gonna have their hands full with the passing offense of the Lions... man this should be a good game to watch!!!

At least you're excited about your team. I going to need lots of antacid and beer to watch the Bears Sunday. I just hope Benson can start getting some decent yards and that Rexy can stop fumbling. :-o
Mike Brown and Dvoracek being out for the year sucks major @ss too.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:35 pm

since when has mike brown played a full season? It's been a while.
So the bears are moving to griese. Interesting move after all that coach speak from lovie about how "Rex Grossman is our QB". I think they should move back to kyle orton. Kidding. So how are you bears fans feeling? I know knapplc was all about the bears being the cream of the NFC, but I would say that's clearly not the case. Here's my breakdown:
the packers have no running game, the vikings have no passing game
the bears have no offense, the lions have no defense
The vikes and bears have serious serious qb issues and they also have no wrs.
The pack and lions have good qb and wrs, the vikings are the only ones with a running game.

Call me a homer, but I like where the packers are at. This year and way beyond. Only our corners are aging and brett favre.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:10 am

The last time Mike Brown played a full season was either 2003 or 2004. !+)

Anyways, the only things that surprise me in the NFCN is the Packers and Bears. I didn't think Rex would regress this much. All the defensive injuries up to this point suck too. I thought the Packers defense had potential to be good, but didn't think it would manifest this early in the season. And even though Bear nation hates the Bear-killer Favre, I have to admit it's fun watching him all excited and running around like a 9 year old.

I suppose the Bears offense needs to be re-evaluated after this week. Benching Rex should eliminate up to 21 points from the other team, right? :-o

PS: Something amusing came out on the radio this morning. Apparently, Orton is pissed off that he's not starting. He's been saying all the right things to the media, but rumors are going around that he's angry as hell in private. I do remember training camp reports saying that Orton outplayed Griese, but that never showed in preseason games. I wonder if Neckbeard is hitting the Jack Daniels hard again....
:-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:10 am

beanoX3 wrote:Benching Rex should eliminate up to 21 points from the other team, right? :-o

I love that statement... such a maddenism :)

i know what you meant... but "up to" could mean "0"... which means that other teams will be scoring exactly what they were with grossman. :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:17 pm

Guess going with Griese didn't eliminate the interceptions. :~(
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:31 am

skibrett15 wrote:since when has mike brown played a full season? It's been a while.
So the bears are moving to griese. Interesting move after all that coach speak from lovie about how "Rex Grossman is our QB". I think they should move back to kyle orton. Kidding. So how are you bears fans feeling? I know knapplc was all about the bears being the cream of the NFC, but I would say that's clearly not the case. Here's my breakdown:
the packers have no running game, the vikings have no passing game
the bears have no offense, the lions have no defense
The vikes and bears have serious serious qb issues and they also have no wrs.
The pack and lions have good qb and wrs, the vikings are the only ones with a running game.

Call me a homer, but I like where the packers are at. This year and way beyond. Only our corners are aging and brett favre.

It's what I said, and I'm sticking to it. Let the Rodgers era begin. There's only room for one Good QB in the NFC north and He'll always be in Green Bay!
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:26 am

skibrett15 wrote:There's only room for one Good QB in the NFC north and He'll always be in Green Bay!

so you are saying we should expect GB to make a big trade in the near future to get a good QB? :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:52 am

Favre didn't retire because we didn't make enough moves. He knows we could have won with what we had. Who needs a good qb, we're the only team with one. The fact that you say bringing one in would make what I previously said true only proves my point: no one else has one! I'll make a sig bet with anyone here that the pack win the NFC north.
4-12, 8-8, 13-3. That's not because of one player. That's a top to bottom change which can survive the loss of one player. A player like Ahman Green who we lost last year, and a player like Brett Favre who we lost this year.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:09 am

skibrett15 wrote:Favre didn't retire because we didn't make enough moves. He knows we could have won with what we had. Who needs a good qb, we're the only team with one. The fact that you say bringing one in would make what I previously said true only proves my point: no one else has one! I'll make a sig bet with anyone here that the pack win the NFC north.
4-12, 8-8, 13-3. That's not because of one player. That's a top to bottom change which can survive the loss of one player. A player like Ahman Green who we lost last year, and a player like Brett Favre who we lost this year.

Your statement was implying that Rodgers was a good QB (saying that the "There's only room for one Good QB in the NFC north and He'll always be in Green Bay!"), Right now there are no good QBs in the NFC North...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to NFC North