First LIVE(in person) draft...... what to expect? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

First LIVE(in person) draft...... what to expect?

Moderator: Football Moderators

First LIVE(in person) draft...... what to expect?

Postby tareeked » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:50 am

we're doing a fantasy league at work, and it'll be a live, in person draft.... ive been doing fantasy football for over 5 years, and ive ALWAYS done live online drafts, so im used to the time and strategy and stuff.... but what should i expect in an live in-person draft? is there usually time limits still? and how do they keep track of the players taken? i know in the espn commercials they have like a big board or something with a list, lol... is that wat its really like?

and wat do people usually bring.... i was thinking about pre-ranking all my positions and stuff and printing it out and bringing it... they wont call me a noob or anything for that, right? lol
tareeked
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First LIVE(in person) draft...... what to expect?

Postby MasterOfDisaster » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:32 pm

For the most part, an in-person draft works the same way as an online draft. There's still the time limits, and there will most likely be a big board like you see on the ESPN ads. And you won't be called a noob if you bring printouts, mags, and such. In fact, it's encouraged. Also, I strongly suggest you bring a notebook, pen, and the latest injury report. There is always the guy who ends up picking someone who is out for the year, gets someone who was already picked, or picks someone who isn't even playing. I was that guy once. Don't be that guy.

And the most important rule of all, have fun!
DISCLAIMER: The opinions of this post are just that, opinions. Success is not guaranteed. Please use your own judgement before making your decisions. If you are answering a topic I made, thanks for your help and I will always answer any link you leave.
MasterOfDisaster
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Playing Tecmo Super Bowl - You don't know about Montana to Rice!

Postby Popcynical » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Print out your cheatsheet (I think an overall might be better than positional rankings) and bring a pen or highlighter and cross off each guy on your cheatsheet as he gets picked.

And don't drink too much. ;-D
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:48 pm

Make sure you have your cheat sheet with you...keep in mind your rankings won't be sitting on the computer in front of you. Also, don't get sucked in to what people say. People will constantly tell you (and everyone else) how bad their picks are. If someone says the WR you jsut drafted is awful, don't take it into consideration and try to compensate by wasting a pick on another one. Be confident.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Beginner's Forum