Breakout Kicker? who might be on WW - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Breakout Kicker? who might be on WW

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Breakout Kicker? who might be on WW

Postby Slayer Rules » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:31 am

I'm surprised Nugent hasn't been mentioned. I picked him up - he has probably the best range of anyone who might be on your WW. Once the offense picked it up later last yr he was one of the most productive K's in the game....
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JakeTrain72 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:05 pm

I would go with Matt Prater myself. He is a no name guy that will come out of no where and be kicking long FGs this season because Atlanta will struggle to score TDs. He has a cannon of a leg and will be kicking indoors for most of the season.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mbuser » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:11 pm

i'm going on a week-by-week basis. i picked up nedney from the FA list in all three of my leagues for week 1
add your performance history to the Yahoo! fantasy profile registry
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby moonhead » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:36 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Jason Hanson is the only guy I really consider a great breakout candidate at kicker. Other than that, who cares? It's kickers.

I wouldnt call him a breakout candidate - he's been the best player on the Lions for years now. I would think he would be drafted in all leagues at this point.

Some guys I dont see being drafted regularly that probably should be include Olindo Mare (NO) and Nedney (SF).

A decent sleeper is Bironas (TEN).

bironas and hanson are the two guys i'm carrying on almost every roster this year.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Some guys I dont see being drafted regularly that probably should be include Olindo Mare (NO) and Nedney (SF).

Mare is a great sleeper candidate, if the drafts I'm in are anything to go by. New Orleans has a pretty darned good offense and Mare is a pretty accurate kicker. That's a really nice combination. Add into that the fact that they play half their games indoors (more, since they're playing at least one away game in a Dome) and you have a good recipe for success.

The funny thing is, I get the impression that a lot of people don't realize Mare is kicking for the Aints this year. In my draft last night John Carney was taken in the 12th round. I took Mare in the 15th and final round. That is a STEAL, baby! :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pibb55 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:56 pm

Gostkowski and Nugent were the only Kickers i have been targeting this year. I think both will be top 10 kickers for sure this year
pibb55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk