Carnell Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carnell Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carnell Williams

Postby Triplec223 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:10 am

I got burned by Cadillac last season, but was stubborn enough to hold on to him until week 11. I never really got to watch him a lot, i just know that I could usually count on gagging when I checked his line in the TB box score.

For those of you that actually got to watch him, or that know a bit more about football than I do, why was Cadillac so awful last season? Was it TB's O-line, play calling, a lack of a decent QB?

Is it something that has been fixed during the offseason, so that Carnell has a better season? I haven't watched too many preseason games, especially those with the Bucs, so I really don't know what to expect out of him. Is Carnell a "buy-low", or just a plain-old "avoid like the plague?"
Triplec223
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Carnell Williams

Postby hoop » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:13 pm

I haven't seen him in preseason but I'm pretty sure his QB situation didn't help him last season. I'd say he's a buy-low guy, he can't be any worse than last year unless he gets hurt, and he didn't do horribly last year besides the fact he didn't get into the endzone. Touchdowns are unpredictable, so....
hoop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby freeling_prideful » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:38 pm

Gradkowski --> Garcia is a big upgrade.

I really like Cadillac as a sleeper this year, I've been taking him 5th or 6th round in some drafts.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:59 pm

i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that TB had one of the easier schedules against the run this year. can anyone confirm that? i got him as my rb3 in my main league and i am happy with the pick(5th round).
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:27 pm

sublimeandy wrote:i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that TB had one of the easier schedules against the run this year. can anyone confirm that? i got him as my rb3 in my main league and i am happy with the pick(5th round).

We may have an easu schedule against the run, but don't count on Caddy having a great year. Their is something still wrong with him that the Bucs are not disclosing. I am a huge Bucs fan and I stayed far far away from him this year
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:32 pm

according to the FantasyGuru magazine - i picked one up - the SOS against the run is as follows: (1 has the easiest schedule against the run)

1. Carolina
2. Tampa Bay
3. Jacksonville
4. New Orleans
5. Houston
Buffalo has the hardest

And against the pass:

1. Jacksonville
2. Carolina
3. Atlanta
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore
Detroit has the hardest (Buffalo second hardest)

Based on that, I grabbed Caddy and Delhomme both in my Fantasy league, and I stayed away from lynch, losman and evans.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:33 pm

Caddy has a nice schedule and Alstott is gone so it might give him some more short yardage carries. I think part of the problem (from watching a couple Tampa games) was that they had no QB last year. I mean Simms isn't great and Gradkowski sucked. I think Garcia will bring enough stability to get the run game going.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:40 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that TB had one of the easier schedules against the run this year. can anyone confirm that? i got him as my rb3 in my main league and i am happy with the pick(5th round).

We may have an easu schedule against the run, but don't count on Caddy having a great year. Their is something still wrong with him that the Bucs are not disclosing. I am a huge Bucs fan and I stayed far far away from him this year

Its got to do with his back, there is still something wrong with it, was never fixed last yr, and he's been having problems with it since...Its not enough to stop him from playing, but enough to stop him from being what he was when he started his first yr...He's someone I stay far far away from, you never know what he's going to give you, and I think he's still nicked up...He wont ever be what he was the first half of his rookie year, and i think thats what everyone expects
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LukeW9027 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:30 pm

woodson_28 wrote:according to the FantasyGuru magazine - i picked one up - the SOS against the run is as follows: (1 has the easiest schedule against the run)

1. Carolina
2. Tampa Bay
3. Jacksonville
4. New Orleans
5. Houston
Buffalo has the hardest

And against the pass:

1. Jacksonville
2. Carolina
3. Atlanta
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

Based on that, I grabbed Caddy and Delhomme both in my Fantasy league, and I stayed away from lynch, losman and evans.

SOS ratings from last year can only be taken seriously to a certain extent. Sure the dominant defenses will most likely remain on top, (Ravens, Bears, Chargers) but lets not forget that the NFL is a league of parody, and things change every year. Certainly I would not let last years defensive stats make me shy away of Lee Evans or reach for a mediocre (at best) QB like Delhomme.

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:23 pm

LukeW9027 wrote:
woodson_28 wrote:according to the FantasyGuru magazine - i picked one up - the SOS against the run is as follows: (1 has the easiest schedule against the run)

1. Carolina
2. Tampa Bay
3. Jacksonville
4. New Orleans
5. Houston
Buffalo has the hardest

And against the pass:

1. Jacksonville
2. Carolina
3. Atlanta
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

SOS ratings from last year can only be taken seriously to a certain extent. Sure the dominant defenses will most likely remain on top, (Ravens, Bears, Chargers) but lets not forget that the NFL is a league of parody, and things change every year. Certainly I would not let last years defensive stats make me shy away of Lee Evans or reach for a mediocre (at best) QB like Delhomme.

thats what I was just about to post but you beat me to it, stats like those are so misleading its not even funny...its not taking into account the personnel changes each team took, coaching and system changes, and defenses go from the bottom to the top all the time, aside from the ravens, chargers, broncos, bears and the likes of those teams, you really cannot judge each team from last yr and expect they play at the exact same level
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer