So is anyone picking up selvin young? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So is anyone picking up selvin young?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So is anyone picking up selvin young?

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:36 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:I'm not buying this Selvin Young thing. Best case scenario Henry goes down and Young gets maybe half the carries. I doubt Shanny would give him full time duties.

your right, why would shanny let an undrafted RB get 20 carries a game, thats unheard of for the Broncos, I doubt we ever see them do anything along those lines
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Skins Fanatic » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:25 pm

I have Henry in a 14 team league where solid RBs are obviously impossible to come by, and Henry was my 1st round pick (11th). The real question is: is Young worth my #4 waiver wire priority at this stage? We go to first come, first serve free-agency style waivers tomorrow at 4pm, and as of now I'm still undecided. If I don't do it, I pray that nobody else does so I can pick him up. DeDe Dorsey is eating up valuable space on my roster :-b
Skins Fanatic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby madaslives911 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:16 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:I'm not buying this Selvin Young thing. Best case scenario Henry goes down and Young gets maybe half the carries. I doubt Shanny would give him full time duties.

your right, why would shanny let an undrafted RB get 20 carries a game, thats unheard of for the Broncos, I doubt we ever see them do anything along those lines

Shanny did it before with Mike Bell who was at that time an undrafted rookie RB. He called on him to be the starter last Aug 2006 when he got disappointed with the performance of Tatum Bell. B-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:23 pm

madaslives911 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

Shanny did it before with Mike Bell who was at that time an undrafted rookie RB. He called on him to be the starter last Aug 2006 when he got disappointed with the performance of Tatum Bell. B-)

I think that's what LS2 was referring to. He was laying it on pretty thick. B-) :-b
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:25 pm

madaslives911 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

Ya but didn't he also do it with Nash too? Look where that went.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby madaslives911 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:35 pm

and not to forget what Shanny did to Ron Dayne too. He cut him when he got hurt... so the pattern is there and their RBs maybe are already familiar with Shanny's criteria for naming a starter. If you get hurt, you're out. If you have fumbleitis, you're out. If you can't run, you're out.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dwolfg » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:59 pm

I picked him up to handcuff Henry. I only had to drop kevin faulk(didnt reailze faulk was 3rd on depth chart when i drafted him in round 19).
dwolfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:59 pm

henry is one hit from being out for season though
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dwolfg » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:01 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:henry is one hit from being out for season though

I had 13th pick so my choices for rbs worthy of high round picks were slim.
dwolfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:17 pm

Thats my point, shanny cares nothing about where you were drafted, nash is one example...but so is olandis gary, droughns, t. davis, some backs you never even heard of again aside from the one huge year they had in denver...so its completely not out of the chance selvin young starts to get alot of carries, he doesnt care about fantasy football and sticking to a sure thing, the last time they had a sure thing was terrell davis, even last yr when they "tried" to act like tatum was the feature back after switching week in and week out, mike bell still ended up with games with two td's, and alot more productive then the probably more talented tatum bell...

so lets not rule out anything in denver, young is worth keeping, but to answer skins fanatic's question...

I have Henry in a 14 team league where solid RBs are obviously impossible to come by, and Henry was my 1st round pick (11th). The real question is: is Young worth my #4 waiver wire priority at this stage?

IMHO no, even though you have young...but honestly you could still jump on young if something changes drastically, like he has a big game or shanny announces he wants him to have a generous amount of carries, im in a 14 league myself and that WW priority can make or break a season down the line, ive seen it happen, its still early, and when an injury happens or something you will find something a little more valuable to use that waiver for, id hold off if you think your leagues not hot on him, but if you really want him just take him, eventually your priority will get back down
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer