reggie brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

reggie brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: reggie brown

Postby Felix the Cat » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:lol you cant just project like that. you're over simplifying it.

How would you have us project stats, then?
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:08 pm

assuming McNabb stays healthy is one of the biggest assumptions one can make at the beginning of any recent NFL season.

That being said I think Brown could have 1200 yards this season. Philly still throws the ball way more than they run and he will get his fair share of huge passes thrown his way.
Last edited by SniperShot on Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby jcgage0 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:42 pm

Of course he can make projections like that. The numbers he produced may be simple, but it is a very effective sanity check. A simple look at the numbers says that Brown could be very good this year. It would take a lot of work to build a statistical model that predicted Brown's year based on EVERYTHING. It needs to be simplified. I find it a little comical that you would just disregard real numbers. What are you going by?
jcgage0
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sublimeandy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:40 am

i based those numbers on the stats from the last 3 years, including how many yds typically go to te's and rb's. i wasn't just making that stuff up.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:50 am

McNabb being injured: Obviously he is an injury risk. But to be fair, everyone trots out the "finish a season trope" forgetting that he didn't play the full slate in 2004 because the birds destroyed the NFC. And two of his three injuries were weird flukes: broken leg, torn ligaments (twisted it weird). His other injury was on a cheap shot. that being said, you have to factor it in, because its just wise.

As for brown and the eagles, its easy to forget that the eagles were the number two offense in terms of yardage, so whether or not people believe in the receivers or not, those yards are coming from somewhere, especially in a pass happy offense. Of course, westbrook is the real number one in this offense. But, its easy to forget that stallworth only caught 38 balls last year, so curtis and brown can coexist.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby m16a » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:34 pm

I am high on him as well. He is a skilled receiver(although he has to work on catching when it counts) McNabb has said he likes they guy. Which is good. When McNabb likes a receiver, great things happen(TO, 04 season...) So I do think 1000 yards and maybe 8TDs is realistic for him. Which is solid numbers for a number 2 receiver in fantasy. If he does that, I think he will only get better and better because once he gains McNabb's trust, McNabb will throw to him.
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:47 pm

SniperShot wrote:assuming McNabb stays healthy is one of the biggest assumptions one can make at the beginning of any recent NFL season.

That being said I think Brown could have 1200 yards this season. Philly still throws the ball way more than they pass and he will get his fair share of huge passes thrown his way.

:-b

I'm assuming you meant more than they run. :-)
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:37 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:assuming McNabb stays healthy is one of the biggest assumptions one can make at the beginning of any recent NFL season.

That being said I think Brown could have 1200 yards this season. Philly still throws the ball way more than they pass and he will get his fair share of huge passes thrown his way.

:-b

I'm assuming you meant more than they run. :-)
Yup. ;-) I re-read all my posts before I submit to catch weird random stuff like that. Crazy! I think using the word "throw" messed me up. If I started that with "Philly still passes" I would have been good... :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Previous

Return to Football Talk