Jacoby Or James Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jacoby Or James Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jacoby Or James Jones

Postby brett5673 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:06 pm

Tell Me Which one is better and why their better because I've heard so much about them. My final thoughts are James is a guy that will get more catches, but Jacoby has more flash. They're both at WR 3 and pushing for 2. And for now, from what I know, Jacoby isnt returning kicks. Now tell me what you think
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jacoby Or James Jones

Postby mattUTD20 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:10 pm

I'd rather have James Jones because Jacoby plays for Houston and is going to be catching passes from an unproven QB on an offense that hasn't been great...ever. Jacoby does have potential and looked good in the preseason but I think James has the most upside because of the team he is on.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Right now neither of them have the starting spot. I'd say Jacoby has a better chance there but the poster above me is right, James has a much better environment to come into and to succeed. That and the fact that I think Jacoby is more raw. I'd take James also.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Felix the Cat » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:47 pm

James, definitely.

Jacoby has Kevin Walter ahead of him at WR2 and Houston doesn't play many 3WR sets. While you might say that Kevin Walter hasn't shown anything in the NFL... neither has Jacoby Jones. Walter has experience going for him. It will be an uphill battle for Jacoby to win the #2 job, as he'll have very few opportunities to prove himself on the field - the #2 spot is basically Walter's to lose.

James, on the other hand, is playing on a pass-happy team that loves to use multiple WR sets. He also has Brett Favre throwing to him.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mystykoekaki » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Neither. But if I had to choose, like if somebody had a gun to my head I would choose Jacoby.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikus » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:50 pm

I had room for both of them on my team, so I grabbed both and stashed them on my bench for a rainy day.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:20 pm

I absolutely love both as sleeper wr's this year, i think if your in a deep league and have a chance to get either its worth it, someone drafted jacoby late, and i picked up james jones, I think both have the potential to have a huge day, what I tend to do in their situations is trade them when/if their stock gets the highest, you wont get consistent production week in from either this year, but both have the chance for a huge day, id rather ship them off for a consistent wr in a slump at the time, people always make those mistakes...

looking at the value of picking up a guy off waivers, and trading him for a 4-5th rd draft pick when their stock is low, thats how you build your team up for the playoffs
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:42 pm

Jacoby has less competition at his position, but there have been many great reports about James coming out of training camp. I'd much rather have James at this point because he seems to have more talent and is on a more pass-happy offense. Neither are likely great options for this year, however, but I'd choose James if I were to choose one.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Popcynical » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:44 pm

I actually think James is startable in PPR leagues. He seems to get open enough to get the ball a lot. Usually they're shorter receptions, but hey.. if you get a point for every one, it adds up.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk