New Experimental League -- Need Owners! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

New Experimental League -- Need Owners!

Moderators: Mookie4ever, KCollins1304, bigken117, The Loveable Losers

New Experimental League -- Need Owners!

Postby daullaz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:58 pm

Hey guys,

I had a crazy idea for a league that I want to flesh out. If I can nail down the particulars right, I think this format will end up appealing to a much broader audience than regular FF.

Here it is: Passing is 20 yards a point and 4 points for TDs. Rushing/receiving is 10 yards a point and 6 points for TDs. Four-man roster, no bench. QB, RB, WR, WR.

The kicker? You re-draft your team every single week.

The player pool for each week will be the players playing in the Sat, Sun, and Mon games (no Thurs players allowed). On Tues, each manager submits a "first-round" list (if a 10-team league, the list will be 10 players long if you have the last pick) by a certain deadline on Tues. After the deadline, I will post the "draft" results. On Wed, we do the second round with the last team to pick on Tues picking first. Thurs is for the third round and Fri is for the fourth round.

The draft order for the first week will be randomized. In each successive week, the draft order for the first round will be the inverse of the previous week's points scored totals.

Here's a few reasons why I think I like this format. It eliminates almost all of the injury risk associated with the luck factor of fantasy football, as injured players won't be drafted (unless they're listed as "questionable" and you like to gamble). It's really easy to keep track of on game day, as you only need to worry about four players on each side of your matchup. And it takes one of the best parts of FF, the draft, and extends it throughout the entire season.

If you're interested, here's what I ask. I need you to be able to spend a few minutes each day during the week checking the previous draft results and submitting a "draft" lineup. I'd also like some feedback from you during and after the season on the good and bad of the league, as this is something I'd like to work on and ultimately spread to the masses.

I'll be looking for 10-12 owners and I'll need to have them by Monday. E-mail me at mailto:daullaz@yahoo.com or IM me if this is something you'd like to participate in for me.

Thanks,
R.J.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade