special teams score only or double score - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

special teams score only or double score

Moderator: Football Moderators

special teams score only or double score

Postby tstrecker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:42 pm

I am a second year commish. A player who recently drafted r.bush asked if bush scores on a kick return does he get the individual score and whoever has the saints def/special teams also get a score. I told him i'd give him an answer before Thu kickoff. I am leaning towards only giving the score to the saints D, but was wondering what other people's opinions were.
tstrecker
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: special teams score only or double score

Postby DDay » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:11 pm

I'm surprised this hasn't come up before - are you certain this hasn't been addressed in a prior season? If you can find an instance where this was scored one way or the other, that'll serve as a precedent and you don't have to figure it out.

Personally, every league I've played in scores KR or PR TDs to the individual player, not the team D. In other words, Defenses are strictly D, not special teams. The problem is, you can't do this in your league for this season, b/c teams already drafted Ds based upon special teams return potential, as well as D. So, you'll probably have to allow the "double dip" on the return TD, but start a discussion that resolves the issue one way or the other for next year. Not allowing double-dipping is a lot cleaner, IMO.
DDay
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner