New Experimental League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Experimental League

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Experimental League

Postby daullaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:18 pm

Hey guys,

I had a crazy idea for a league that I want to flesh out. If I can nail down the particulars right, I think this format will end up appealing to a much broader audience than regular FF.

Here it is: Passing is 20 yards a point and 4 points for TDs. Rushing/receiving is 10 yards a point and 6 points for TDs. Four-man roster, no bench. QB, RB, WR, WR.

The kicker? You re-draft your team every single week.

The player pool for each week will be the players playing in the Sat, Sun, and Mon games (no Thurs players allowed). On Tues, each manager submits a "first-round" list (if a 10-team league, the list will be 10 players long if you have the last pick) by a certain deadline on Tues. After the deadline, I will post the "draft" results. On Wed, we do the second round with the last team to pick on Tues picking first. Thurs is for the third round and Fri is for the fourth round.

The draft order for the first week will be randomized. In each successive week, the draft order for the first round will be the inverse of the previous week's points scored totals.

Here's a few reasons why I think I like this format. It eliminates almost all of the injury risk associated with the luck factor of fantasy football, as injured players won't be drafted (unless they're listed as "questionable" and you like to gamble). It's really easy to keep track of on game day, as you only need to worry about four players on each side of your matchup. And it takes one of the best parts of FF, the draft, and extends it throughout the entire season.

If you're interested, here's what I ask. I need you to be able to spend a few minutes each day during the week checking the previous draft results and submitting a "draft" lineup. I'd also like some feedback from you during and after the season on the good and bad of the league, as this is something I'd like to work on and ultimately spread to the masses.

I'll be looking for 10-12 owners and I'll need to have them by Monday. E-mail me at mailto:daullaz@yahoo.com or IM me if this is something you'd like to participate in for me.

Thanks,
R.J.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Experimental League

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:24 pm

I think I could be a guinea pig. This looks like it could be good. Would we be running this on one of the sites or would this be a "paper & pencil"?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:05 pm

I'll play, let me know where to send my first ten picks.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby West Coast Bias » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:44 pm

The only problem that I can see is that with only 4 round things don't get a chance to even out and players picking at the 1,2,9,10 spots would have a decided advantage. Maybe. What the heck, I am in.
West Coast Bias
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby West Coast Bias » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:52 pm

Speaking of experimentation. Are there any setups that you know of where you can divide up starting time from your players. As long as it is done before either of them kickoff it might be fun. You know, you could assign 65% playing time that week to one QB and 35% to the other. You would recieve 65% of your 1st QB's points for that week and 35% for the other. Then do that for all spots. Some guys would have platoons of 5 WR's using 20% each while some would start studs at that position but hedge their bets with their RB's or whatever.
West Coast Bias
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Great Gambini » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:11 pm

I'll play.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:11 am

Right now I have one potential spot open, but we're going ahead with who we have for the first week. If the owner that I'm waiting on for that one spot doesn't respond, I'll come back to this thread and get one of you guys to fill the spot for me if you're still up for it at that point. BTW, the owner of that spot had the first pick and I autoselected LT (of course) for his team, so I'd say it has a good chance of winning the first week.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby West Coast Bias » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:34 am

Is it blasphemous to say that in a 4 team league with redrafting every week, that LT is not the consensus #1?
West Coast Bias
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:50 pm

Not at all. I could see weeks where he's the 4th or 5th guy.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:00 pm

Actually a 10-team, four-player league. Also, since Thursday players are ineligible, Manning was unavailable.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Next

Return to Football Talk