issues with owners...scrapping a team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

issues with owners...scrapping a team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

issues with owners...scrapping a team?

Postby Max Power » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 pm

although I am not the commish, I am heading this up for him because he has other issues he needs to tend to.

Long story short...12 team league $150 buy in. We all know each other. Commish made a mistake and let two teams draft who had not paid the fee yet. He knows the guys, so the fact that they are stiffin him just makes matter worse.

I posted the teams in the classifieds. One is very solid, the other has potential, but isnt that great.

My concern is that no one will pick up these teams. a $150 buy in for a team you dont get to draft is a hard sell.

Now this is where I am looking for some help/advice... Commish has offered to keep both teams active and alter rosters as nessasary. Knowing my league, this probably wont fly. Conflict of interest reasons. Then the issue of what happens if these teams win it all or atleast a top 3 finish where the payouts are?

So the other thought is to disban the teams and do a mini draft, however there really is no fair way to do that.

Anyone out there have this type of issue before? any advice as to what should be done? Also if you are reading this and are interested in a team or know someone who is, let me know.

Thanks
Max
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: issues with owners...scrapping a team?

Postby Cards24 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:14 am

If I was the commish in that situation I would offer three options to the owners.

1st... As a commish I would eat the cost (pay out of my pocket, yes $300.00) and find someone to run the teams for free with the possibility of winning the league, free entry for two lucky winners.

2nd option... I would throw the entire rosters out of the player pool (minus $300 from the pot)

3rd option... Apologize and give a full refund to everyone

A mini draft would be out of the question for me bacause rosters are locked with draft strategy already in place. If a team is struggling for RB why should they all of a sudden have some studs land to them?

The commish is in a bind and needs to approach this as "I screwed up" issue and hopefully the other owners vote towards option #2

Good Luck
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby doggie62 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:45 pm

[quote="Cards24"]If I was the commish in that situation I would offer three options to the owners.

1st... As a commish I would eat the cost (pay out of my pocket, yes $300.00) and find someone to run the teams for free with the possibility of winning the league, free entry for two lucky winners.

2nd option... I would throw the entire rosters out of the player pool (minus $300 from the pot)

Good Luck[/quote]

Count me in if you cover the entry :)

doggie
doggie62
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Peacesells » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:57 pm

These are friends and they haven't paid yet? Is there any chance they can pay late? If so...give them the chance.

Only 2 other options in my book. Redraft in a hurry or remove all the players from the 2 teams from the player pool.

Peace
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby heelfan72 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:01 pm

Maybe offer each team to 2 owners (assuming there are divisions) in different divisions. That way each owner is only out $75 and if 1 team plays the 1st owner, the 2nd owner can coach the team. Also you can auction the teams as well. It would be a shame to throw away some players and that would be my last option. Lesson learned is never let someone draft w/o paying the fee, no matter how long you've known them.
heelfan72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Commissioner's Corner