scraping a team post draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

scraping a team post draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: scraping a team post draft?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:31 pm

Some of my ideas have been mentioned but I don't think I've seen this one yet:

Just bench and lock their whole teams, and have them forfeit every game they play. It's not ideal, but it's not horrible either.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiveUp » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:28 pm

The ONLY thing to do is to give everyone a full refund. The league has failed to meet what was advertised. If it was a pay site, maybe the owners would be willing to chip in and help the commish out with the bill and then just play the league out for fun... maybe draft picks for next year or the winner gets a keeper or something just to motivate. Once you remove the money from the problem then everything should be well. Screwing around with other peoples money is never a good thing, and it will break any chance of those owners wanting to play in the future. Better to ice one year and have everyone laughing about it for the next few than to try and make it work with sore/hard feelings. And if people are still upset once they have the money back... screw em, they aren't worth the time if they can't forgive after a full refund.
GiveUp Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Popcynical » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:31 pm

I say you auction off the players on the other two teams.

Give everyone in your league a salary cap like $50... and have them go at it. It might be the fairest way to do things. Then just have the commish re-enter the teams with the new players.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Max Power » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:22 pm

Popcynical wrote:I say you auction off the players on the other two teams.

Give everyone in your league a salary cap like $50... and have them go at it. It might be the fairest way to do things. Then just have the commish re-enter the teams with the new players.

We thought about this option, but it was ruled out as we had a guy in our league who is testing his "ahead of the curve" theroy. (it wasnt half bad either, but some risk involved)

he took everything but an RB 2 until round 7. and he took RBs the next 4 rounds hopin to find one who will pan out. So if we throw westbrook into the auction and he gets him, he will have the best team easy.

****Update for anyone who cares....looks like we will be selling the teams at a discount rate. $100 OBO.
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Crunked247 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:39 pm

I think that you could just do a redraft with 10 people or if that is too big of a deal I would just set the line ups until the playoffs. If the teams make the playoffs they are DQed and the next best team would get in. Its a really shitty situation to deal with and I agree it couldve been averted by the mish.
Crunked247
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk