question about my league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

question about my league

Moderator: Football Moderators

question about my league

Postby bbalevic23 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:35 am

There are a group of guys who are in my money league and they have all their best players on the bench. I work at a gym where one of the guys comes in and he is the only guy out of the 3 other guys he invited from his work, who has his team ready for this week.

My delima is, I dont know who is just tanking it and calling it quits due to come trades that have made other teams powerhouses. I have posted in the past to those guys, but they dont seem to respond. Randy, the guy I know at the Y, assured me his friends are going to play, but I want this league to be competitive and everyone have their best players in at all times.

What steps should I take to ensure their lineups are in before this thursday? I have thought about writing another post telling them to set their lineup or I will do it for them. But then I dont want to be a dictator by any means and use my commish power to do that. What do you guys think I should do here? thanks
bbalevic23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: question about my league

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:43 am

They could very well be messing with you. Wait until Sunday. If multiple teams have benched their studs, you demand your money back.

Before accusing anyone of anything, you need to make sure that A). the guys KNOW HOW to set their active rosters, and B). they aren't just pulling your leg. Not everything is some insidious plot to overturn your league (insert evil laugh.)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Who cares if they have they're studs on the bench, its their money to lose. I understand wanting it to be a competitive league but if they payed their money why not let them screw themselves over. Now if it turns into trades involving collusion thats a different story....
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:59 pm

Because if teams are benching their studs, they're throwing games. That's all there is to it. This artificially pumps up other teams' records, and screws everything up. Let's say team A is facing 2 teams that throw their games, twice each, and team B faces them once each. Team A now has an unfair advantage toward the playoffs, by having 2 more guaranteed wins than team B has.

This is pretty obvious stuff. If these teams do actually bench their starters, It's either collusion or it's teams ruining a league. Either way, it's unacceptable.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk