Cafe Challenge Regular Season Final Standings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cafe Challenge Regular Season Final Standings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe Challenge Regular Season Final Standings

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:02 pm

The Aces High Cafe Challenge League featuring eight Dark Siders vs. eight Light Siders fighting it out in a baseball league has wrapped up its regular season, and as has been the case all season long, the Light Siders have taken it to the Dark Siders at their own game. The top six teams made the playoffs, and here are the final standings (*** = one of us):

1 - Electric Donkeys = biju***
2 - Schmucks and Putz = Half Massed
3 - cordscords = cordscords
4 - Around the Horn = WickedSmaat***
5 - GreatestShowOnEarth = GreatestShowOnEarth***
6 - Idiot Savants = Leber***

7 - Aces & Eights = knapplc***
8 - Linkin Prospectz = chadlincoln
9 - THE FL00D = Gags Sports
10 - The Eradicator = ironman
11 - PokerPlaya's Playa's = pokerplaya
12 - Shake N Bake = j24jags
13 - The Unit = BGbootha***
14 - The CTU Agents = danleroi22***
15 - FB27's Beasts = fantasybeast27***
16 - L.A. Red Devils = The Artful Dodger

So four of the six playoff teams are Football guys, with one more (me) just missing the cut. Biju and Half Massed earn First Round byes. GSOE and Wicked duke it out in the first quarterfinal, while Leber takes on Cords in the other.

The way the bracket is set up we are guaranteed of having at least one Footballer in the Finals, and if Leber can beat both cordscords and Half Massed we’ll have an all-football Final. Not too shabby, guys!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cafe Challenge Regular Season Final Standings

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:17 pm

Sorry for knocking you out knapp :-b
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:33 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Sorry for knocking you out knapp :-b

I went 6-13 against you this year. :-t

If I'd have won even two more categories I'd have made it in. Losing to the worst team in the league 2-7 in the middle of the season is what did me in, though. That's what sucks. I win that matchup and I make the playoffs. How I lost that I still don't know. Weird, weird week.

What really sucks for me is that I was above .500 in every category except WHIP and Saves. Those were the only two bad categories I had, but they were enough to keep me from making the playoffs.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:12 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Knapp. Just missed out of the playoffs. AD's in the cellar in that league, but he's got a 1st round bye in ours, along with Dan Lambskin.

Nice job LightSiders! ;-D Keep us updated. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Good Work, all.... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:26 pm

Kick ass in the playoffs ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:02 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm in the same boat as you Knapp. Just missed out of the playoffs. AD's in the cellar in that league, but he's got a 1st round bye in ours, along with Dan Lambskin.

Nice job LightSiders! ;-D Keep us updated. :-D

Yeah, nothing had seemed to go right in the Challenge for me even with the spot-on players I had (i.e. Verlander, Webb, Holliday) and with the slow starters (i.e. Berkman, Kazmir). It didn't help things when I used a #1 waiver on Gallardo instead of Braun and with Chipper injured after a magnificent start. I punted it knowing I had 4 or 5 other leagues I was more competitive in. :-o I never failed to make the playoffs in H2H, but there's a first time for everything I suppose.

Good luck in the playoffs, all. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:15 am

knapplc wrote:The Aces High Cafe Challenge League featuring eight Dark Siders vs. eight Light Siders fighting it out in a baseball league has wrapped up its regular season, and as has been the case all season long, the Light Siders have taken it to the Dark Siders at their own game. The top six teams made the playoffs, and here are the final standings (*** = one of us):

1 - Electric Donkeys = biju***
2 - Schmucks and Putz = Half Massed
3 - cordscords = cordscords
4 - Around the Horn = WickedSmaat***
5 - GreatestShowOnEarth = GreatestShowOnEarth***
6 - Idiot Savants = Leber***

7 - Aces & Eights = knapplc***
8 - Linkin Prospectz = chadlincoln
9 - THE FL00D = Gags Sports
10 - The Eradicator = ironman
11 - PokerPlaya's Playa's = pokerplaya
12 - Shake N Bake = j24jags
13 - The Unit = BGbootha***
14 - The CTU Agents = danleroi22***
15 - FB27's Beasts = fantasybeast27***
16 - L.A. Red Devils = The Artful Dodger

So four of the six playoff teams are Football guys, with one more (me) just missing the cut. Biju and Half Massed earn First Round byes. GSOE and Wicked duke it out in the first quarterfinal, while Leber takes on Cords in the other.

The way the bracket is set up we are guaranteed of having at least one Footballer in the Finals, and if Leber can beat both cordscords and Half Massed we’ll have an all-football Final. Not too shabby, guys!

As a DS representative, the sample group that you assembled is like recruiting Ron Jeremy to a Mr. Universe convention. :-D We will still prevail. ;-D
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:44 am

Lofunzo wrote:As a DS representative, the sample group that you assembled is like recruiting Ron Jeremy to a Mr. Universe convention. :-D We will still prevail. ;-D

That’s not what I heard. What I was told when this league formed was that there was a waiting list a mile long to get into this league from you Dark Siders, and your guys chose the best available from those wanting in. There was even some discussion from the DS guys because one of our original eight had to drop out, and fantasybeast27 wanted in and he is a relative unknown on the LS, and the discussion was that we shouldn’t be letting just anyone in on our side because some really quality guys had to be turned away on the DS.

So if these guys are not representative of the “true quality” of the Baseball Cafe, you have only yourselves to blame.

And no, you will NOT prevail. We gotcha. It's in the bag. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:05 am

hey does this mean that I get a sword for defending the Cafe's honor? :-D B-)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Next

Return to General Talk