Cafe Challenge Regular Season Final Standings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cafe Challenge Regular Season Final Standings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cafe Challenge Regular Season Final Standings

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:50 am

WickedSmaat wrote:hey does this mean that I get a sword for defending the Cafe's honor? :-D B-)

I don't think you get a sword for a Cafe vs. Cafe league. I think you only get them for going up against another forum or website.

But you would want to double-check that with Madison and/or Menyak. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:35 pm

knapplc wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:hey does this mean that I get a sword for defending the Cafe's honor? :-D B-)

I don't think you get a sword for a Cafe vs. Cafe league. I think you only get them for going up against another forum or website.

But you would want to double-check that with Madison and/or Menyak. ;-)

Yeah, but that other cafe is a whole other forum :-b
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby J35J » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:33 pm

knapplc wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:As a DS representative, the sample group that you assembled is like recruiting Ron Jeremy to a Mr. Universe convention. :-D We will still prevail. ;-D

That’s not what I heard. What I was told when this league formed was that there was a waiting list a mile long to get into this league from you Dark Siders, and your guys chose the best available from those wanting in. There was even some discussion from the DS guys because one of our original eight had to drop out, and fantasybeast27 wanted in and he is a relative unknown on the LS, and the discussion was that we shouldn’t be letting just anyone in on our side because some really quality guys had to be turned away on the DS.

So if these guys are not representative of the “true quality” of the Baseball Cafe, you have only yourselves to blame.

And no, you will NOT prevail. We gotcha. It's in the bag. ;-)

Only 2 of the 8 there are 'holics for the dark side. 1 of the 2 wasn't a 'holic at the time he joined this league I don't think. I don't want to disrespect those that aren't 'holics but if I wanted to find the best players from the dark side I would start with the 'holics first!

With that said, its still no excuse to lose to the light siders.....and especially to not make the playoffs! I'm equally disgusted that The Artful Dodger felt like it was ok to abandon his team.... :-t

Oh, I'd also call Knapp just as much of a dark sider as a light sider....he may not want to hear that but he spends just as much time over there as he does here! ;-7

Come on HM and Cords!!!! Bring it home!
J35J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:42 pm

J35J wrote:Oh, I'd also call Knapp just as much of a dark sider as a light sider....he may not want to hear that but he spends just as much time over there as he does here! ;-7

Now now! There's no reason to get nasty! :-b

I think I have been spending quite a bit more time over there lately, though. It's a swell place.

Now if we can just get ACS back into GT it'll be hopping once again! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:48 pm

knapplc wrote:
J35J wrote:Oh, I'd also call Knapp just as much of a dark sider as a light sider....he may not want to hear that but he spends just as much time over there as he does here! ;-7

Now now! There's no reason to get nasty! :-b

I think I have been spending quite a bit more time over there lately, though. It's a swell place.

Now if we can just get ACS back into GT it'll be hopping once again! ;-D

No reason to remain a "closet" dark sider! You know its where you're heart is at!! ;-D

ACS back to GT.... :-X
J35J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:08 pm

J35J wrote:ACS back to GT.... :-X

Petition signed. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:49 pm

Rick Ankiel pick up of the week :-B
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:55 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Rick Ankiel pick up of the week :-B

You knocked me out of the playoffs.

knapplc <----- not liking Wicked right now.

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Yeah, but it's unfortunate that I have to take out GSOE and biju next week too. I have no chance to take out a dark sider :-/
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Leber » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Yeah, but it's unfortunate that I have to take out GSOE and biju next week too. I have no chance to take out a dark sider :-/

Sucker...I get to knock out both. :-b
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk