Tiki says he quit because of Coughlin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tiki says he quit because of Coughlin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tiki says he quit because of Coughlin

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:46 pm

Azrael wrote:Hmm, what can I say to get my book to make more money....

Well, you could always fake an injury O:-)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby moonhead » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:26 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Funny, he didn't think of himself as a distraction last year by quitting on his team, but now he is calling out Eli and Coughlin when he doesn't play for them anymore.

Shut up and pull the string out you girl.

gross, swiper!
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Patchell » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:20 pm

I never realized that the Soviet Union invaded last night.. I could have sworn Tiki still has a right to free speech. Just telling the guy to shut-up is not very constructive. :-t

AS far as I'm concerned he could say whatever he wants. He is no longer under contract. If Tiki feels someone else slighted them, we should support Tiki's right to express his disdain for whomever it is.
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:31 pm

moonhead wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Funny, he didn't think of himself as a distraction last year by quitting on his team, but now he is calling out Eli and Coughlin when he doesn't play for them anymore.

Shut up and pull the string out you girl.

gross, swiper!

I think I just puked in my mouth a bit. X-I
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ivesaidway2much » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:37 pm

Patchell wrote:I never realized that the Soviet Union invaded last night.. I could have sworn Tiki still has a right to free speech. Just telling the guy to shut-up is not very constructive. :-t

AS far as I'm concerned he could say whatever he wants. He is no longer under contract. If Tiki feels someone else slighted them, we should support Tiki's right to express his disdain for whomever it is.
Tiki has every right to say whatever the heck he wants. Just like everyone else has the right to express their opinions about him being self-obsessed, pompous blowhard that really should just shut up. And that's coming from a Giants fan who agrees that Coughlin is below average coach.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Patchell » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:50 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:Tiki has every right to say whatever the heck he wants. Just like everyone else has the right to express their opinions about him being self-obsessed, pompous blowhard that really should just shut up. And that's coming from a Giants fan who agrees that Coughlin is below average coach.

Agreed, except I don't see any reason why he should shut up. Him shutting up won't stop him from being a self-obsessed, pompous blow hard, so why not let him have his cake and eat it too? If the man wants to embarrass himself, let him speak... we'll all have a good laugh then forget about him after a few years.
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:47 am

Tiki is getting paid for his insight into that locker room, both for his TV and his book. so I don't think it's about "manning up" at all. Coughlin is a major, major hypocrite when it comes to telling tales out of school. I think tiki does run his mouth obviously, but on the other hand, it's not like he is saying things that aren't accurate either. Coughlin puts a "talk is cheap" shirt out there, but that didn't stop him from selling his players down the river in the press. What has caughlin REALLY done to warrant being unquestioned? Last I checked, Tiki was a main cog in a team that went to the Super Bowl.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:58 am

Tiki does have the right to talk about Coughlin and Eli, just like whoever he's broadcasting for has the right to get rid of him for not remaining unbiased. He's hurting himself more than anybody else with these comments. He has one of the most promising futures ever for a commentator and he's screwing it up. I really thought he was smarter than this.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:42 am

eaglesrule wrote:Tiki is getting paid for his insight into that locker room, both for his TV and his book. so I don't think it's about "manning up" at all. Coughlin is a major, major hypocrite when it comes to telling tales out of school. I think tiki does run his mouth obviously, but on the other hand, it's not like he is saying things that aren't accurate either. Coughlin puts a "talk is cheap" shirt out there, but that didn't stop him from selling his players down the river in the press. What has caughlin REALLY done to warrant being unquestioned? Last I checked, Tiki was a main cog in a team that went to the Super Bowl.

Though you are correct, ask yourself what Tiki should have asked himself: What kind of career would I have had were it not for Coughlin? Understand that I have always hated Coughlin becuase he is too by the book, as long as it's his book, and that his teams seem to get tired real quick of his caustic presence. But look at the numbers Tiki had before Coughlin and after. Tiki should be a little more thankful. methinks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:52 am

Was it coughlin or a misallocation of resources by the previous coaches? I don't know. But if being "thankful" for your career means two whole playoff appearances, and two quick bounces are some awesome thing you should be thankful for. Tiki was better under him, but not fantastically so. Coughlin took over in 2004, right? Check out Tiki's 2000 (1,700 combined,2002 (1,983 combined) , and 2003 (1,677 combined) seasons. His years under coughlin were better, taking him over the 2,000 yard plateau, but I don't think it was so much more awesome (save the 2004 season) as to warrant the overall failure of team success. They got owned by Carolina, and probably wouldn't have made the playoffs if the eagles didn't have meltdown. Then the next year, they squeak into the playoffs and get bounced by Philly. Compare that to Tiki's year 2000. I'd take that statistical year and a Super Bowl appearance over Coughln's "success" anyday. Tikit touched the ball 16 times in the Carolina loss. Are you kidding me? Barber and Strahan don't know how to shut up, but jsut because someone is obnoxious doesn't mean they are wrong.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk