Passing/Rushing/Receiving bonus points in Yahoo! Fantasy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Passing/Rushing/Receiving bonus points in Yahoo! Fantasy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Passing/Rushing/Receiving bonus points in Yahoo! Fantasy

Postby YoungTrek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:57 pm

I'm running a Yahoo! fantasy football league for the first time this season. After the draft, I had a few guys in the league asking that I institute some of the bonus points for "milestone" stats (300, 400, 500 passing yds; 100, 200 rushing, etc.)

I was tinkering with it and at first put in what one of the guys suggested: passing 300 yrds, 5 pts; 400 yrds, 7 points; 500 yrds, 10 points. But then below that it said, "Maximum positive Passing Yards bonus: 22 Points".

I thought to myself, "That's not right." I don't want someone to be able to get *22* bonus points just for having a really good passing day. I want the max bonus on passing to be ten points. The way it's set up (from that statement I quoted above), it seems to be cummulative. So I went in and changed it to 5 (300 yrds), 2 (400 yrds), 3 (500 yrds), thinking that was what I was really going for. (It now says, "Maximum positive Passing Yards bonus: 10 Points.")

Question: Am I right? Did I do it right, I mean? I'd hate to get started and then have folks only get, say, 2 bonus points for a 400+ yard day because I didn't do it right. On the other hand, like I said, I don't want someone getting *22* bonus points either just because Breeze or Manning happened to pass for 501 yrds that day.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Regards,

David Y.
Cleveland, GA
YoungTrek Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Passing/Rushing/Receiving bonus points in Yahoo! Fantasy

Postby aqua » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure you've done it right now. It was confusing, which is why they added the "Maximum Points" line below it. That said, I hate bonus points and won't use them in my leagues or join any league that has them.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Passing/Rushing/Receiving bonus points in Yahoo! Fantasy

Postby Crippler » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:12 pm

DO NOT USE BONUS POINTS

149 yards shouldnt be worth half as much as 150 yards! Its madness!!!

:-t :-t :-t

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)