Darrell Jackson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Darrell Jackson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Darrell Jackson?

Postby jetsfan1771 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:22 pm

Can anyone explain to me why everywhere you turn Darrell Jackson is labeled as a definite bust and a borderline top 20 receiver? I understand about the injury problems, but many players have them and it seems like he's relatively healthy right now. Sure he has some of the worst hands in the league, but that didn't stop him from putting up top numbers when he's been healthy, including last year, and those years were with competition for catches from Engram and Hackett, among others. This year his biggest competition is Arnaz Battle. I can see bumping him down a little because of injury risk, but he seems like a great value when everyone else is so down on him.
jetsfan1771
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Darrell Jackson?

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:40 pm

Jackson is my #2 WR behind Marvin Harrison. I've already been offered Clinton Portis for him. Nearly pulled the trigger on that trade but I want to see how Jackson does the first week or two. He's playing Arizona the first week and if that turns into a typical SF/Arizona high scoring pass fest and he does well, his value will be high for a week two trade.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:42 pm

I remember hearing something about he and Smith (the 9ers QB) not meshing very well on the field. Not good. If D Jax gets off to a poor start keep an eye on Arnez Battle. The former Irish QB turned WR finished real well last season and seems to have a good raport with Smith.

Hopefully for D Jax owners he and Smith will figure things out and find away to meld their talents sucessfully.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby codered7 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:46 am

I've always loved Djax cause he was so productive and underrated, but I believe this yr things will be different. Djax #s are a result of his good chemistry with hasselback(a lil like smith and delhomme). He is not an amazing wide, so breaking their relationship, i believe, will hurt his #s significantly.
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:22 am

I like Jackson this year, ONLY if and I mean ONLY if he stays away from that injury bug.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mbuser » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:57 am

clearly everyone would like him a bit more if he stays healthy... he's averaged 74 REC, 1074 YD, and 8 TD per 16 games since 2001, so he's reasonably productive when he plays but those aren't 'top numbers'. he's just got too many question marks to really count on him for a lot -- i like him a heck of a lot better as a WR3 than WR2
add your performance history to the Yahoo! fantasy profile registry
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Football Talk