Who is more valuable this year....Chris Brown or Jesse Chatm - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is more valuable this year....Chris Brown or Jesse Chatm

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is more valuable this year....Chris Brown or Jesse Chatm

Postby Go Skins! » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Brown, White's backup in Tennessee

or

Chatman, R Brown's backup in Miami?

I figure Chris Brown might be just a little more valuable since Lendale is not as established as Ronnie is.

What do you all think???
Go Skins!
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is more valuable this year....Chris Brown or Jesse Chatm

Postby moonhead » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:25 pm

i have brown on some rosters. not chatman. i think brown has a chance to win that job outright. lendale hasn't shown much commitment in the past, so it remains to be seen how long he can keep it up. i don't believe chatman to hold any value as anything other than a handcuff.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:34 pm

I'm gonna agree with moonhead here. I still can't believe that Chatman is gonna get more than 20 or 30% of the carries and this is all some clever ruse by Cameron. Brown has much more potential, he's proven himself as a starter before, and if LenDale goes down there is nobody behind him (Henry stinks).
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dhark » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:31 am

Even in the preseason games were Lenwhale had good yards Brown still had more YPC. Browns stats have looked decent. Brown should atleast see some splits. Lenwhale may be the future, but he has to prove it first. When healthy, which is the key phrase....Chris Brown has showed some potential.
I don't see Ronnie Brown getting unseated, which leaves Chatman as a loooooooong shot. Seems like hype and motivation to me. I will be riding on Chris Brown. Still a gamble, but less of one in my opinion.
Dhark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:04 am

Chatman might be more valuable to Ronnie Brown owners, but I think Chris Brown has the best opportunity to see significant playing time this year.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Felix the Cat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:02 pm

Assuming that both are free agents in your league? Brown.

Going by draft position? Chatman.

Then again, it's getting a bit late for talk about FF drafting.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby freeling_prideful » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:57 pm

It has to be Chris Brown, he's the veteran backup to a first-time starter who's done nothing but disappoint and come to camp overweight two years in a row.

Now admittedly Ronnie Brown has not impressed anyone w/ his physical fitness this off-season, but he was the No. 2 OVERALL pick and the Dolphins have to like him more than the no-name backup Chatman.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Felix the Cat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:56 pm

freeling_prideful wrote:Now admittedly Ronnie Brown has not impressed anyone w/ his physical fitness this off-season, but he was the No. 2 OVERALL pick and the Dolphins have to like him more than the no-name backup Chatman.

Too many people forget that where a player was selected in the draft a couple of years ago means absolutely nothing. I have absolute confidence that Cam Cameron will start the best RB on the team, whether he was the #2 overall selection or an undrafted rookie free agent.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:18 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:
freeling_prideful wrote:Now admittedly Ronnie Brown has not impressed anyone w/ his physical fitness this off-season, but he was the No. 2 OVERALL pick and the Dolphins have to like him more than the no-name backup Chatman.

Too many people forget that where a player was selected in the draft a couple of years ago means absolutely nothing. I have absolute confidence that Cam Cameron will start the best RB on the team, whether he was the #2 overall selection or an undrafted rookie free agent.

It does mean something. It shouldn't, but inevitably it puts pressure on the front office, and they will give such a highly selected player every opportunity to live up to the hype. If Ronnie Brown remains just above average at RB, he'll keep the job most likely unless Chatman shows somehow he's the second coming of LT.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:40 pm

I like Chris Brown MUCH more than Chatman. Mainly because I am not convinced that LenDale White will carry a full load in Tennessee or even be the starter all season long. I am much more confident in him getting playing time than I am of Chatman ever seeing more than 10 carries a game.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk