3 Homeless save 93 yr old woman... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

3 Homeless save 93 yr old woman...

Moderator: Football Moderators

3 Homeless save 93 yr old woman...

Postby treat24 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:35 pm

thought i'd throw in a nice story from a couple days ago...

THREE HOMELESS PEOPLE PULL A 93-YEAR-OLD WOMAN OUT OF A BURNING CAR. . . AND SAVE HER LIFE!

The next time a homeless guy asks you for some change, before you lie to him and say, "I don't have any". . . think about THIS. You never know when a homeless person might have a chance to SAVE YOUR LIFE.

On Thursday, three homeless people in Lantana, Florida, risked their lives to save a 93-year-old woman.

Around 3:15 P.M., the 93-year-old woman, whose name hasn't been released, was in a car accident, and her car caught on FIRE.

Three homeless people saw what happened. . . and RAN OVER to the burning car to pull the woman out. They got her out of the car. . . and saved her life.

One of the homeless people, Renee Streisant, says, "We just happened to be in the right place. You don't hesitate. You don't think the car is going to burst into flames and kill me, or burst into flames and kill her."

At the time, the homeless people had no idea that the woman in the car was a well-known homeless advocate and a volunteer at a center in West Palm Beach.

Renee says, "I didn't even know who was in the car, [that it was] someone dear to the area. All people do good deeds every day, we just happened to be three people that are homeless. We aren't homeless people first, we are people." (ABC 25 - West Palm Beach)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: 3 Homeless save 93 yr old woman...

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:46 pm

Just because they're homeless doesn't mean they're not human. :-?

Good for them hopefully the lady spare changed them enough for them all to get a Whopper and a 40oz of Old English. O:-)

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:54 pm

Yeah, I don't see this as too terribly surprising. I think homeless people might me MORE prone to stop and do something like that than a lot of other people. Good story though.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:19 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeah, I don't see this as too terribly surprising. I think homeless people might me MORE prone to stop and do something like that than a lot of other people. Good story though.

Just cuz they'd roll her for her change while she was Stop-Drop-and-Rolling doesn't make them bad people...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:20 pm

First the corpse buffet and now this....weird news day.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nebula » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:31 am

So thats what Homeless has been up to, good for him. It must have been weird to be saved by a lanky green monster. Good thing his fur didn't start on fire.
Keepers League:
P Manning, J Flacco
LT2, C Portis, T Hightower, S Greene, D Brown
M Colston, Q, D Jax, MSW, B Tate, M Wallace,
J Carlson, D Keller
N Keding
Chi
nebula
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner