Advice For League Drafting AFTER Week 1... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Advice For League Drafting AFTER Week 1...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice For League Drafting AFTER Week 1...

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:16 pm

So my moron friend set the draft too early and didnt get enough people in the league, so he changed the date, not realizing that it is after week 1, he assumed it was wed today.... needless to say this is a problem, as it happens to be my big money league. im going to try and use this as an advantage, such as avoiding players who overachieve in week 1 and letting others reach... any other advice!??? WHIR!!!!
12 Team .5 PPR Money League
1st Place 8-4 (1456.70 Pts)

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
BENCH TJHoush,DMC,Winslow,DAvery,Arizonas D (for Playoffs)
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Advice For League Drafting AFTER Week 1...

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:11 pm

You pretty much got it down...this gives you an opportunity to evaluate guys like Brandon Jacobs, who you aren't sure will live up to the hype or not. It may hurt your sleeper picks, depending on how well they perform in week one, but I actually think it will end up helping a knowledgable owner who has even more data to draft on.

Good luck.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:21 pm

just take the same sheets into to it as you would have today ;D Make a few minor adjustment, don't make huge adjustments(unless there happens to be injuries). You seem to know what to expect. Should get some decent values out of them ;D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:50 pm

ok, well it seems as if im over reacting a bit, because as it seems, i should be able to use this to my advantage. not to mention ive got a few idiots who know football (huuuuge football gamblers) but dont exactly know fantasy football, so hopefully ill let them reach for players, while capitalizing on those passed... ok, its all good, thanks for the reassurance fellas! ;-D

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:14 am

ok, well now that sundays over (still have 2 games tonight) whatre some things to take note of... jacobs, caddy, chestor taylor injury... adrian peterson emerging big time, moss being legit... etc... any other things to take advantage of???? players playing bad who will rebound and may be had later in certain rds n whatnot??? WHIR!!!!!!!!

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Be sure to take your own advice.

Moss and Peterson are exactly the kinds of players you want to let other people reach for, unless they fall to you in positions of value.

Isn't that exactly what you said you should do, to take advantage of the late draft? Let others reach? Wait and see who's on the board when Peterson and Moss are going. Moss should be a good #2. Peterson should be a good #3.

I'd let someone else take Chris Brown and Tatum Bell. I'd look for KJ in the late middle rounds... no sooner than 10th.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:05 pm

thanks for the feedback fatfoot! im trying to think of players who had bad weeks, that shouldnt be alarming (brees, bush, and colston?) but then again, players like brandon jacobs, should i look for him to have value a little later than normal? should i grab andre johnson a lil earlier now and rank lee evans later? or did evans just have a tough matchup? i say yes, but how bout you? is portis healthy enough to grab now as an rb2? and how about situations like mblll and deangelo williams having a decent first week... lamont jordan looked good, is he for real? are the chiefs really that bad, and if so, is lj downgraded? losing orlando pace hurts the rams a lot right? but how much? is reggie brown the nmber 1 in philly? it didnt look like it. Is brandon marshall a huge threat to take javons tds, and will he have a bigger year than javon???? ya know, stuff like that, i just wanna hear some solid input from the cafe, and ill be sure to post my final product to see if all the input and whatnot pays off!

basically, are there certain players to 'take advantage of' that had bad first weeks, and if so whom? and are there others to pass on bc of their bad first week being an indication of things to come.

WHIR!!!!!!! ;-D

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:19 pm

well i have the 7th overall pick in a 10 team league that counts .5 PPR, im thinkin Reggie Bush bc of that... opinions???

anything from anyone!?

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Felix the Cat » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:53 pm

You might be able to get Larry Johnson at that position, considering that he seems to be the largest topic of non-injury panic this week.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:06 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:You might be able to get Larry Johnson at that position, considering that he seems to be the largest topic of non-injury panic this week.

well larry isnt a player i really want to get involved with, honestly, he may slip to me. i knw the people im drafting with and i know many odd things are going to happen that i can take advantage of, and the last thing i wanna do is grab lj and have him be a bust. id like to grab westbrook in the 1st, and then reggie bush in the 2nd, as impossible as that sounds, its a big possibility bc reggie had a bad week, and hes ranked 14th overall in yahoos settings so hpefully noone reaches, and im positive that peyton will go b4 my pick, and if not ill snag em bc of our league settings. westbrook is rated 9th overall so i doubt any1 reaches for him either, so bestcase, i think i could land westbrook and reggie bush in the first two, or peyton and bush. our league has 2 flexes, WR/RB and WR/TE so thats a huge factor with .5 ppr

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk