The Games and The New Board - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

The Games and The New Board

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Games and The New Board

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:27 pm

Just brining this to attention, but it is kind of annoying when you fill our your ladder after spending tons of time on it, or on your pick 3. And then you go to post and someone has posted before you, and so it lets you review your post...but all your work is gone. Any chance something can be done with that?

Also what about getting a new thread for the new year for results for each game?
Also what are the chances of getting an "overall" cafe games standings for pick 3, black jack, and ladders (the 3 weekly games everyone can participate in fully) just for kicks? but chances are that will just take WAY too much too pull off, but no harm done saying it :-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Games and The New Board

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:57 am

I'll look into the "review post" thing. ;-D

The standings will start over once there are results to put in. Won't be a totally new thread, but the first post will be nice and clean with only this year's standings.

Overall games standings? Meaning what exactly? If you're talking about combining the results of those three games, that would prove basically impossible as each game has a different number of participants, different difficulty level, etc. No way for it to be accurate at all.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:04 pm

I was thinking of an "average ranking" among those participating in the 3 I listed above. But it was just something to throw in there after I already discussed what I wanted }:-)
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby menyak » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:48 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Also what are the chances of getting an "overall" cafe games standings for pick 3, black jack, and ladders (the 3 weekly games everyone can participate in fully) just for kicks? but chances are that will just take WAY too much too pull off, but no harm done saying it :-D

Actually I've been planning that for years. ;-D The idea was to take the average picks a minute before the deadline and use them as Hammy's picks. I'm sure that would be quite competitive - unfortunately this is something I always plan for *next* year.

In other words, expect this to be implemented next year. :-b

At least the review problem should be fixed now.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:35 am

menyak wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Also what are the chances of getting an "overall" cafe games standings for pick 3, black jack, and ladders (the 3 weekly games everyone can participate in fully) just for kicks? but chances are that will just take WAY too much too pull off, but no harm done saying it :-D

Actually I've been planning that for years. ;-D The idea was to take the average picks a minute before the deadline and use them as Hammy's picks. I'm sure that would be quite competitive - unfortunately this is something I always plan for *next* year.

menyak wrote:

Yeah, what you are talking about actually sounds really similar to the suggestion I had in this thread. That would be a cool option to have.

And thanks for fixing the review problem. That was annoying.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:17 pm

menyak wrote:

The review problem is still happening. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:27 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:The review problem is still happening. :-/

Menyak's working on it right now. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby menyak » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:03 pm

Madison wrote:

Yeah I guess that's what happens in hospital when you're supposed to get surgery on the right leg and when you wake up the bandage is on your left hand. Anyway, after the second attempt I hope this is finally taken care of. :-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:11 pm

menyak wrote:
Madison wrote:

Yeah I guess that's what happens in hospital when you're supposed to get surgery on the right leg and when you wake up the bandage is on your left hand. Anyway, after the second attempt I hope this is finally taken care of. :-)

I'll try to wait extra long next week to test it out. :-b ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:37 pm

Sorry about my post in the other forum, I didn't do any searching around here but it's the same topic. So I'll just go back to sitting in my corner O:-)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk