The "Death" of Mercer Boy - Update - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The "Death" of Mercer Boy - Update

Moderator: Football Moderators

The "Death" of Mercer Boy - Update

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:12 am

I know I don't post here very much anymore, but I wanted to share this with you all. For those of you who have been here for years and years, you know my story... O:-)

Well, the story is over. B-)

For some of you here, this would be no news to you, especially if you are younger. To bring everyone who is new up to speed - I'm 29 years old and have never had ANY female companionship until this point in time. Hell, I had never even kissed a girl until last December. I'm pretty much the Cafe's version of the 40 Year Old Virgin. In years past the guys have talked about putting "funds" together for me; that's how bad I was. So, if you can guess where this is going...

Yep. If you can believe it, I have a girlfriend. I can't believe it myself. :-* We really, really, really like each other and have for some time. I wasn't able to pursue her before because she was in a relationship...she just broke up with her boyfriend last week, and she told me that she has wanted to see me for a while now. We went on a date to a local fair, and we also went to the bar where we first met where I sang a song to her. We went back to my place, and the night concluded in a very...well, special way. :-] ;-) ;-D :-D :-D

I couldn't ask for much more right now. Thanks for anyone in the past who has encouraged me to do more things with women. I really don't want to let this girl go...ever. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The "Death" of Mercer Boy?

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:45 am

Congrats Mercer. ;-D

A piece of friendly (albeit unsolicited) advice. Try not to go too fast too soon (although from the sound of things you found 4th gear already :-D ), especially considering she just came out of another relationship. It sounds like you have real feelings for her, and it'd be a shame to see you (or her for that matter) end up getting hurt by rushing things.

Best of Luck to you man. ;-D :-) ;-D :-)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:49 am

That's awesome Mercer ;-D Kilroy pretty much said it though, and I don't have all that much to add to what he said. Best of luck bro ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:53 am

WOO-HOO! Congratz, Mercer! ;-D

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, the Age of Aquarius...

:-] :-) :-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:21 am

So can we expect a username change to Mercer Man? Can we call you M&M now?

I’ve been saying for a while that it’s the girl’s loss if she doesn’t want to date you. You’re smart, you’re funny, you’re pretty decent looking (for a guy). Sometimes it seems like women don’t get that “Good Guy” because they don’t have a clue where to look.

It’s nice to see someone finally looked in your direction. ;-D

Enjoy your time together. Relationships are the best thing in the world. Well, next to kids that is. But you’re probably not ready for that step yet.

The Lung wrote:WOO-HOO! Congratz, Mercer! ;-D

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, the Age of Aquarius...

:-] :-) :-D

Now all Mercer needs is a 'fro and some tie-dye and he'd be ready to go.
My dad was a theater performer in the 70's so I know all about Hair.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:33 am

Sounds like things are looking up Mercer ;D It's great to hear you're doing well and I wish you the best of luck B-)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:39 am

......aaaaand because it's been a while, I think it's time to trot this classic out once again:

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:50 am

CONGRATS! Listen to Kilroy, that was some good advice. I really hope things work out well for you man!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:55 am

Knapp,

Go rent the movie "The 40-Year Old Virgin." You'll get the Age of Aquarius reference. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:01 am

Sweet. We can use the money on beer instead of the hook....umm.....errr....female entertainment now. :-B

:-D

Cool news MB, and congrats! ;-D

Killjoy...err....Killroy made some good points to pay attention to :-D , but even with that, enjoy life man! ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk