The Cafe looks awesome!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Cafe looks awesome!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Cafe looks awesome!!

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:19 pm

I'll take a crack at your team...

Starters
Matt Hasselbeck, SEA – Not bad but not really good. You may end up playing Vince more than Hass. I think his best days are behind him.
RB Shaun Alexander, SEA – What are you, a Seahawks fan? SA should have a fine year, and he should rebound nicely after a disappointing 06. Between SA and Westy you’re looking good at RB.
WR Marvin Harrison, IND – WR is the strength of your team. Harrison, AJ, Boldin and CJ should be good for you all season long.
TE Tony Gonzalez, KC – Gonzo is still getting drafted in the top five of TE but his skills are clearly diminishing. The good news is that he is still the best receiving threat on the KC field, so he should still get plenty of looks and catches.
OFLEX(RB) Brian Westbrook, PHI – He should have a fine year, barring injury.
OFLEX(WR) Anquan Boldin, ARZ – He’ll get plenty of looks in that offense. Assuming Leinart has a good year, you’ll be looking at a great #2 WR in your #3 slot.
OFLEX(WR) Chad Johnson, CIN – Could very well repeat as the #1 WR. Again, this WR corps is the strength of this team.
K Adam Vinatieri, IND – The Cadillac of Kickers in 2007. You can cut Rackers after week six.
DFLEX(DL) Kyle Vanden Bosch, TEN – A Husker. Can’t go wrong there. If he stays healthy he’ll be good. Strictly speaking, though, I think you’d want to start Kerney over Vanden Bosch.
DFLEX(LB) Brian Urlacher, CHI – A Bear. Can’t go wrong there, especially with the return of Lance Briggs, who makes Urlacher that much better.
DFLEX(DB) Adrian Wilson, ARZ – He should be one of the top DBs in the league, so good job here.

The rest of the team:
Jay Cutler, DEN
QB Vince Young,
Julius Jones, DAL
Andre Johnson, HOU
Chris Cooley, WAS
Neil Rackers, ARZ
Patrick Kerney, SEA
Keith Bulluck, TEN
Champ Bailey, DEN

Overall this is a solid enough bench. I’m not in favor of drafting two kickers – it’s just wasted space to me. Cooley could fill in well enough if age finally takes Gonzo down. I’m not real sure why you would want three QB on your roster on draft day, since you should really only need one guy to back up your QB, whereas you could use a lot more depth at WR. With three starting WR slots and only one backup you’re kind of weak. You could try trading Hasselbeck for Hines Ward or Reggie Brown. That would really shore up your WRs pretty well, and give you several great options there.

JJ is a decent backup to Westy, but unless you can play four WR in your flex spots you can’t use Julius Jones during SA’s bye week and you’re going to have to get another RB for week eight. Landing Bulluck to back up Urlacher is a steal. You must have the best two-deep LB in your league with those two.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:44 pm

Welcome back to a fellow browns fan! Woof Woof ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dihall » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:13 am

Thanks All!! It's good to be back! Thanks too knapplc for the in depth analysis of the team. It sounds pretty good. I totally agree about Gonzo, he was just kind of a gift pick up actually. I will probably play Cooley more, I just wanted to give him one last chance. I just hope they perform as well playing as they look on paper. I have 25 points so far with just a WR and K playing last night, but my opponenent already has 41. Anyhow, good to be back all! Let's go Brownies!! ;-D

Sandbox Team- similar scoring to Yahoo! Pretty standard. Play 1 QB,RB,WR, TE and 3 off. flex, K, and 3 def. flex. 10 team head to head non-keeper

Starters
Matt Hasselbeck, SEA
RB Shaun Alexander, SEA
WR Marvin Harrison, IND
TE Tony Gonzalez, KC
OFLEX(RB) Brian Westbrook, PHI
OFLEX(WR) Anquan Boldin, ARZ
OFLEX(WR) Chad Johnson, CIN
K Adam Vinatieri, IND
DFLEX(DL) Kyle Vanden Bosch, TEN
DFLEX(LB) Brian Urlacher, CHI
DFLEX(DB) Adrian Wilson, ARZ