Fishy trade. Vetoable? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Fishy trade. Vetoable?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fishy trade. Vetoable?

Postby Sean_ec » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Was hoping for some feedback on wether or not you guys think it's fair to veto this trade.
I think it's one sided.

TJ Houshmanzadeh
Marshawn Lynch

for

Marc Bulger
Laurence Maroney

Thoughts?
Sean_ec
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fishy trade. Vetoable?

Postby aqua » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:09 pm

To really make a good answer we would need to know the rosters for both teams and the scoring system but I would expect the trade to be fair and that it should not be vetoed.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Peacesells » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:59 pm

Not even close to fishy.

Peace
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:28 pm

Definately not a good trade. It should not be vetoed, though, unless you have a pretty good notion that it is collusion. If they are trying to stack the roster to make one good team so they can split the winnings, that is collusion.

If the guy giving up Bulger and Maroney is just an idiot, tell him so every week for the entire season and maybe he'll learn his lesson. No one could possibly need a WR badly enough to give up a top 5 QB and downgrade at RB. This guy should be ridiculed by every other owner so that he either learns how to play or quits the league next year.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Sean_ec » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:15 am

I don't understand why Owner ignorance shouldn't be vetoable.
Also, this guy that is getting Maroney already has Addai and now has Bulger. It's pretty ridiculous.
Sean_ec
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby PHI » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:02 pm

Sean_ec wrote:I don't understand why Owner ignorance shouldn't be vetoable.

Because the owner has the right to run his team the way he sees fit. When trades are vetoed, the other owners or the commish are in part, running that team. Vetoing trades should not happen unless there is obvious collusion. Besides, experience is learning from your mistakes. How can an owner gain experience if you protect him from making mistakes by vetoing his bad trades.
Sean_ec wrote:Also, this guy that is getting Maroney already has Addai and now has Bulger. It's pretty ridiculous.

Another team becoming stronger than yours is not a reason to veto. If you don't like the trade, make a better offer and see if you can add the players to your team instead.
Fantasy Football Junkies Anonymous meetings held weekly on Sundays... and Mondays... and sometimes Thursdays.
PHI
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sean_ec » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:09 pm

So someones mistake should create a juggernaut team that runs over the league?
Seems like thats a good reason to have veto's and voting.
Sean_ec
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Felix the Cat » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:50 am

Sean_ec wrote:So someones mistake should create a juggernaut team that runs over the league?

Well, here's a question for you.

What if Maroney turns out to be a one-hit wonder, rushes for 38 yards per game for the first 6 games, and is replaced at starter by Sammy Morris halfway through the season... and Lynch turns out to be money, leading the Bills to the playoffs much like Reggie Bush reinvigorated the Saints?

...besides which, the trade isn't even fishy to begin with. Maroney > Lynch, but Houshmandzadeh > Bulger IMO. The trade may not be 100% completely even, but no trade is, with the possible exception of moving around spare kickers to fill in for bye week in a league with limited FA activity. There is a winner and loser in each and every trade in the long run. In my experience, the "loser" ends up winning the trade just as often as the "winner" does.

Something that I would consider a "mistake" that would create a "juggernaut team" that should be vetoed would be (as I posted in another thread) in the neighborhood of LaDainian Tomlinson for Taco Wallace.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:43 pm

I agree with Felix. Trades should be vetoed when there is collusion.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:54 am

Sean_ec wrote:So someones mistake should create a juggernaut team that runs over the league?

Don't join a league with inexperienced players if you want it to be more competitive. Why should this guy want to be in your league if he isn't allowed to do what he wants for a team that he is paying to run?

You can't make people pay money for you to run their team. If you want a league like that, draft all the teams yourself so that you know it will be run the way you want.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner