Fishy trade. Vetoable? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Fishy trade. Vetoable?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fishy trade. Vetoable?

Postby Script-Ohio » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:27 pm

ravensjohnny wrote:I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS THIS A PERFECT EXAMPLE A TRADE THAT NEEDS TO BE VETOED DESPITE BOTH SIDES GIVING UP TALENT. I MEAN BULGER IS EASILY A TOP 5 QB AND MARONEY HAS BEEN TAKEN SOMEWHERE AROUND 6-10 MAYBE SLIPPING INTO VERY EARLY SECOND RD WHILE HOUSH IS RD 3 OR 4, AND LYNCH IS PROBABLY BETWEEN RD 4 AND 6 DEPENDING ON YOUR LEAGUE

IS THIS TRADE EVEN CLOSE, I THINK NOT

Players like you ruin leagues and I would never let you in a league I were commishing.
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Script-Ohio » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:33 pm

I would like to point something else out - look at this trade today, a couple weeks later after it was initially posted.
Bulger's ribs are a mess, Pace is gone, SJax is out, and Bulger is finding the bench.
Maroney's value has dropped as he doesn't seem to be getting goaline work and Bellichick is turning into Shannahan Jr.

Housh is Housh - a stud.
Lynch hasn't put up world beater numbers but in THAT crappy offense against those great defenses the Bills have played so far he's put up SOLID numbers and looked pretty good doing it. Some players are going to see this and give Lynch a boost thinking he'll really turn it up a notch against easier defenses.

This trade all of a sudden doesn't look so unbalanced and some of you thought it was SO grossly unfair that you'd VETO it? Give me a break.
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:35 pm

See, all the people here crying about "this trade should be veteod" are exactly why we changed our rules in our league, we had this problem ALL the time...perfectly fine trades go through like this one but people dont want a specific team to get better...for instance, lets say team A has Lynch and TJ on their bench, and team B has Bulger and Maroney starting so its unfair obviously because team A is only losing bench players, so what?

and whats even funnier is looking back now, all the people crying saying it was unfair, now Bulger is hurt and looks like crap, and maroney is hurt, and when when playing sammy morris is stealing his goal line carries and/or job right now...while Lynch is looking like a stud with no back to steal his carries and TJ is more consistent then CJ, hmmm....so much for all the crying about one team cheating, this is why trades cannot be veteod for no reason...

Our rules now are 1 day waiting period, if you want to protest send a message to the commish, otherwise the commish(who we vote on, and trust before we even start the league) is the only one who can veto unfair trades, you dont blindly get people vetoing trades, and you also dont have people like that showed up in this thread crying about "he's getting a top 5 qb and he already has addai thats cheating", so its avoided at all cost...

I wonder what everyone thinks now after the fact, that called this trade so unfair, is Bulger still a top 5 qb? is Maroney still a prized possesion?
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ABA316 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:35 pm

I agree with what LS2 said, in fact was going to make the same point but looks like I missed the boat LOL

Only thing I can add to that is, even if it does look like an overpay on one side, so what? Different sport, but in a baseball league (redraft) I tried to send Schilling and Isringhausen for David Wright and a SP who was basically a throw in. I was 2nd and 1st in all pitching stats and desperately needed offense, and that was all I could get. Several other owners would not trade at any cost with me because I led the league.

The guy getting Bulger could have had a lousy QB, nobody on the wire, and nobody else to trade with. Sometimes it's what the market will bear.

And of course, wonder how many would make this trade now. If I had Bulger and Maroney I'd be thrilled to get rid of them at this cost.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner