Just read this on LT..Better fantasy numbers than last year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just read this on LT..Better fantasy numbers than last year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just read this on LT..Better fantasy numbers than last year?

Postby kemper5 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:15 am

I posted this with PPR leagues in mind.

LaDainian Tomlinson-RB-Chargers Sep. 7 - 10:47 am et

LaDainian Tomlinson expects to see an increase in touches this season after accumulating 349 carries and 56 receptions in 2006.

He expects to get more catches and possibly a slight decrease in carries, which according to Football Outsiders is the best way to keep a running back healthy long term. Tomlinson saw action out of the slot during training camp.
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Ive heard the Chargers may go this route in the off season. We may see a nice increase in receptions..Maybe 20-30 more?..Remember LT did have 100 receptions a few years back, so 70-90 is not out of the question. I really like the idea of this as if he got 5-7 rec's per game and a nice chunk of rec yards, I feel his overall fantasy numbers will be near last year. 1400+ Rush, 20 Rush TD's, 75 Rec's, 650 Receiving yards, 8 Rec TD's ??
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just read this on LT..Better fantasy numbers than last year?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:27 am

Basically my view on this is that I don't care cause if I have LT then I am not gonna worry about it at all. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:45 am

kemper5 wrote:I really like the idea of this as if he got 5-7 rec's per game and a nice chunk of rec yards, I feel his overall fantasy numbers will be near last year. 1400+ Rush, 20 Rush TD's, 75 Rec's, 650 Receiving yards, 8 Rec TD's ??

I think this kind of stat line is not out of the question.

Players are always going to anticipate having great years, though. When the press sticks a microphone in your face looking for a soundbite, what are you gonna say, that you're going to have a crappy year?

Don't put too much stock in anything any player says about their production in any given year. It's just talk.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby freeling_prideful » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Also keep in mind that having more touches isn't necessarily a good thing in terms of injury...I mean, LT has already shown remarkable durability while handle an average of 400 touches a year. Do you really want to see him catch a few more meaningless screens and get blindsided while doing it?

For this reason and others, I doubt Norv Turner will employ him that much more in the passing game. As is, he's still averaged like 50 passes caught over the past 3 seasons. Why would they push him back up to that 70-80 reception mark? Who loses those touches? Certainly not Antonio Gates...probably not Vincent Jackson, who they say deserves more work in that offense...

It's all just talk at the moment, I'll believe it when I see it.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:34 pm

LT just had literally the best season a RB in the NFL has ever had.

Repeat it to yourself, let the meaning of it sink in. Then realize in order to even produce equal numbers he would have to basically end the argument of best RB of all time, which is currently a 4-5 person muddled debate which has been raging for decades.

LT will come down, it is inevitable. He could finish #1 overall amongst fantasy RBs and still put up significantly less than last year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:46 am

I agree with that, but not the way that you guys think it will effect him. Remember, they're not playing marty ball anymore. i think turner likes the passing game more, so while LT might get more touches on passing downs, they might just not run the ball as much as they did.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby V-unit » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:35 am

I dunno about you guys about after watching todays game Turner was in there alot more than i ever thought he would be.I say they will limit LT carries and give em to Turner and actually use LT more receiving out of the backfield with Screens and dump offs.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby V-unit » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:38 am

BTW as for better fantasy numbers than last year for LT i really dont think so but i really wouldnt doubt LT ever.It is very possible but you have to remeber that last was one of the best years ever for a rb in NFL history and to repeat that it will be tuff.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk