Cafe members who drop out after drafts should be banned? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe members who drop out after drafts should be banned?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cafe members who drop out after drafts should be banned?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:02 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Another thing that pisses me off is when a league is set up and you waste countless hours voting on the rules then it flames out right before the draft.

All you can do is learn from it. Plindsey had a great idea. Don't play in them unless you know everyone in the league. And if it happens learn from it and don't play with those guys again.

Yeah, that does suck. I had a draft that happened to this year and it sucked bad.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bklik » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:31 am

I have more than 1000 posts and I always drop out of leagues. Its more fun that way.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:35 pm

bklik wrote:I have more than 1000 posts and I always drop out of leagues. Its more fun that way.

Guess that's to be expected from someone who can't spell "Favre". :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby benb18a » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:23 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Another thing that pisses me off is when a league is set up and you waste countless hours voting on the rules then it flames out right before the draft.

All you can do is learn from it. Plindsey had a great idea. Don't play in them unless you know everyone in the league. And if it happens learn from it and don't play with those guys again.

Yeah, that does suck. I had a draft that happened to this year and it sucked bad.

I think he was talking about that one.

Anybody who needs a persistent owner to take an abandoned team under their wing can feel free to drop me a PM, but please no teams that draft Favre in the second round :-b

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:38 pm

benb18a wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

I think he was talking about that one.

Anybody who needs a persistent owner to take an abandoned team under their wing can feel free to drop me a PM, but please no teams that draft Favre in the second round :-b

Yeah, I knew which league he was talking about.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:41 pm

Maven, I'm just curious, do you think there's a problem in the Kind of a Big Deal draft? I think it's been fine after the draft for the most part...

Oh yeah, I'm going to beat you tomorrow. I am kind of mad you have Steven Jackson but I will most certainly be rooting for him to rip the Panthers for 4 touchdowns. I just hope the rest of your team doesn't do anything. :-b :-D
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:50 pm

How making a list of people who have dropped/ignored a Cafe league and making it available for anyone looking to create a Cafe league, so they can see if a prospective invitee is someone who may be unreliable?
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:10 pm

beanoX3 wrote:How making a list of people who have dropped/ignored a Cafe league and making it available for anyone looking to create a Cafe league, so they can see if a prospective invitee is someone who may be unreliable?

Sort of like the PBC blacklist. I like. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:17 pm

We should probably include what they said when they quit, if anything and why it isn't valid, to be fair so people aren't just thrown on the list ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Probably start it in Commish Corner?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk