CBS vs. Everyone else - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CBS vs. Everyone else

Moderator: Football Moderators

CBS vs. Everyone else

Postby u_fig_eater » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:52 pm

I'm just wondering if it's me, but whenever I watch a game on CBS, I don't like the camera work compared to FOX, NBC, or ESPN. I'm not sure if it's the angles or what. FOX has that "flying camera" thingie, and NBC/ESPN have nice vividness to the picture. I even think the color is washed out on some CBS games. Additionally, the graphics are too small/bad. Anyone else feel this way, or am I seeing things?
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: CBS vs. Everyone else

Postby mystykoekaki » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Yeah, I've noticed this too, I really like NBC.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:53 pm

I haven't seen a game on CBS yet, but I do really like NBC. They seemed to have really good graphics and field overlays, etc. But in general, I have liked CBS' announcers, but that's about it.

Oh and in order for me to really like Fox, they will have to lose the stupid robot thingy.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:58 pm

I'll watch CBS only if it's in high def. Other than that I generally just avoid it for the washed out reasoning. It's not crisp/vivid with regular tv.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby SniperShot » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Yeah the quality is suckier but it's not like I have much choice. I'll watch regardless. Usually when I flip to fox after a couple hours of CBS I realize the difference.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:52 pm

i disagree, i actually like cbs and don't like the new tech stuff the others use, espn is the worst one
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:38 pm

I didn't really like CBS too much, but I have a HDTV and I think it will be better this season.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:42 pm

I like any channel that televises pro football. :-)

My least favorite is ESPN. Between their MNF broadcast booth, the stupid celebrity interviews, annoyingly placed score graphic in the bottom middle of the screen, they're hands down my most despised.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I like any channel that televises pro football. :-)

My least favorite is ESPN. Between their MNF broadcast booth, the stupid celebrity interviews, annoyingly placed score graphic in the bottom middle of the screen, they're hands down my most despised.

yes.

Also, CBS has decent announcing, although I do love when Chris Collinsworth absolutely rips on the WRs for running poor routes. Collinsworth is something of a mercenary now though, he's in the NBC and Fox programs from what I remember. What a turncoat.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I like any channel that televises pro football. :-)

Yeah, I liked the ESPN graphic right there for about the first 10 minutes of the first game. Thought it was awesome. Then I quickly decided that it was stupid there cause you had space below the thing and it takes up WAY too much space. Much better when they don't take up any extra space.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk