Just want your thoughts on my team.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just want your thoughts on my team....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just want your thoughts on my team....

Postby n_tremain23 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:01 am

I just drafted a 25 man team roster in a 20 team league.The draft got really thin half way through.I just want other people's thoughts on my team.Thanks everyone.

1.Eddie George
2.Steve McNair (Best QB left)
3.Plaxico Burress
4.Johnie Morton
5.James Thrash
6.Freddie Jones
7.David Terrell
8.Darren Sharper
9.David Akers
10.Kendrell Bell
11.La'Roi Glover
12.Shaun Williams
13.Julius Peppers
14.Warrick Holdman
15.John Randle
16.Gus Frerotte
17.Josh Scobey
18.Levon Kirkland
19.Amos Zereoue
20.Ashley Ambrose
21.Keith Newman
22.Andre Davis
n_tremain23

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Big Robowski » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:52 am

I don't have any experience with a 20 team league, so I can't make a great guess as to how you stack up against the other teams, but your lineup looks serviceable. I think you've got good value at WR (morton will be a go-to guy for KC, and Buress should be solid this year) and Kirkland could be a solid defensive contributor in Seattle. If you need a secong RB, (depending on roster restrictions) you might have some trouble, but I think this could be a team that would finish 5-8, but again, I don't know your scoring system either.
The Big Robowski

Friendliness: %

Postby kashikis » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:56 am

you did very good 20 team league absolutely devastate trying to create depth especially at RB so your slight lacking there is to be expected. your WR choices are very solid Morton with Burress and thrash will make it easy to get at least decent matchups every week between them good choice to snatch them when you did. as for your defensive players im not sure how the scoring goes in that league but with Glover Bell, and Peppers they should rack up quite a few sacks and tackles. Freddie jones is a solid pick for TE but i have to say my favorite pick of your draft based on position would have to be the man the myth Josh Scobey (lol ) :-) i think if Jones faulters in arizone they wont hesistate to give him a shot good job ;-D
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Destroyrs » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:11 pm

I do not have experience with a 20 man team either. I think most of your defensive players are very good picks. One cautionary note, I do not know if Kirkland has the starting MLB job in Philly. Currently it was a toss-up with Barry Gardner leading.

Your WR depth is good. Terrell is the 4th WR in CHI right now, but his future is still bright.

As kashikis said, your RB depth is okay, but expected. The only place I would be wary is that your starting QB and RB come from the same team. If it were the Rams, I would not be as worried.
Destroyrs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk