Here we go again. CBS Sportsline is CRAP again. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Here we go again. CBS Sportsline is CRAP again.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Here we go again. CBS Sportsline is CRAP again.

Postby Farouche » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:No problems here. Maybe upgrade your 486 garbage computer.

Yes, because if you are one of the 1,313,008 people who has problems with CBSSL every year, it must be your computer's fault. The fact that CBS Sportsline headed a class action lawsuit off at the pass last year by soliciting refunds and shoving discounts at everyone was just because they are a kind, benevolent website.

:-t

It never ceases to amaze me how far people will go to justify their own stupid purchases. You played Russian Roulette and won? Great. Congratulations. You are still playing twice as much as you should be for less control over your website and your league. Enjoy those Google Ads they force to have on your League's front page (after you've overpayed).

To the original poster: run away screaming from CBSSL the first chance you get. My league spent four years there - the last three were solely because all of our forum posts would be lost if we moved. Not even a 50% discount kept us there this year. Run away screaming.
Farouche
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Farouche wrote:

Yes, because if you are one of the 1,313,008 people who has problems with CBSSL every year, it must be your computer's fault. The fact that CBS Sportsline headed a class action lawsuit off at the pass last year by soliciting refunds and shoving discounts at everyone was just because they are a kind, benevolent website.

:-t

It never ceases to amaze me how far people will go to justify their own stupid purchases. You played Russian Roulette and won? Great. Congratulations. You are still playing twice as much as you should be for less control over your website and your league. Enjoy those Google Ads they force to have on your League's front page (after you've overpayed).

To the original poster: run away screaming from CBSSL the first chance you get. My league spent four years there - the last three were solely because all of our forum posts would be lost if we moved. Not even a 50% discount kept us there this year. Run away screaming.

Never had a single problem and we've been with them 5+ years. Maybe you should call the Geek Squad to sort out your computer issues.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Farouche » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:34 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Farouche wrote:

Never had a single problem and we've been with them 5+ years. Maybe you should call the Geek Squad to sort out your computer issues.

Been working tech support for 12 years, and been building PCs for nearly as long. Have my video card and RAM overclocked, and I can run the latest FPSs (and any other piece of software you care to name) with ease. Then again, all that doesn't matter, since every single person in my 12-man league had CBSSL problems, and the forums everywhere fill up with crap about CBSSL every year - unlike, for instance, myfantasyleague. Which is why CBS offered bribes and refunds this year in a desperate attempt to keep their customers. Care to see the apology email they sent out?

You keep overpaying to look at Goggle Ads, though. ;-D
Farouche
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jmog » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:08 pm

The only "problem" we had yesterday was that the scores on the League's "Front Page" wasn't up to date on the scores like they should. They were hours behind.

Now, the Live Scoring page was just fine, it was just the scores they show out on the league's homepage that was constantly behind all day long.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to Football Talk