GC: Miami @ Washington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Miami @ Washington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Miami @ Washington

Postby steelerfan04 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:02 pm

octagon999 wrote:So, in the final analysis... are us Ronnie Brown owners screwed?

I'm wondering the same thing. Chatman took a lot of snaps away from Brown, and Brown didn't look impressive when he was in the game. I don't like what I'm seeing so far.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:56 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
V-unit wrote:SO how did Portis look today running the ball anyone see him?

He looked pretty damn good... He was knocking guys off the ball and dragging 2 or 3 guys at the end of nearly every play... He certainly doesn't look like the knee is bothering him at all...

Agreed. The only thing that had me wondering was why Betts was running as much as he was.

Hopefully they just gave Betts some carries to ease Portis back in, because I have no idea why they would continue to give someone who is obviously far less talented the same amount of carries. Betts' ypc weren't even close to Portis'....
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercury0021 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:22 pm

I watched most of the game being in south florida that was our local game.

Ronnie brown looked sluggish. Chattman looked quicker then brown. Washington played alot of 8 in the box though and the o-line for miami didn't open many holes.
Green was decent only sacked 2 times. The o-line seemed to do alot better on pass protection but miami did throw alot of short and intermidiate passes. Although chambers had 6 for 92 he still looked like the same ol guy that you never knew if he'd catch the ball or drop it. Booker and david martin dropped a few key passes that would have been 1st downs.

Portis and betts ran well. The running holes seemed wider for portis then they did for betts. Portis not playing the whole offseason was probably given a few less carries then usual, plus it is the start of the season no sense in running portis to death now.
Cambell has a strong arm. But he is not extremely accurate on short and middle passes alot of them were over the heads of randle el and moss. Randle el seemed to be targeted more then moss and seemed to catch the ball better then moss too. cooley wasn't a major target at all and finished with 1 catch for 10 yards but it was an important 1st down on a drive that led to points.{the hail marry is included in the stats so it's alittle misleading in a right place right time rebound catch}
Mercury0021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 78)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting