GC: Dallas Cowboys vs. NY Giants - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Dallas Cowboys vs. NY Giants

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Dallas Cowboys vs. NY Giants

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:39 pm

What a freaking incredible game. Perfect start to the season. 8-o

By no means flawless, but the cowboys did look very good minus the pass defense.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:42 pm

Burress is a beast :-* :-*

40 points in my league is gonna give me the W B-) :-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:42 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:What a freaking incredible game. Perfect start to the season. 8-o

By no means flawless, but the cowboys did look very good minus the pass defense.

Yeah, Dallas' offense bailed them out tonight. THis defense is clearly not the same without Newman. Hope Newman can find a way back on the field soon.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:45 pm

bagobonez wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:What a freaking incredible game. Perfect start to the season. 8-o

Yeah, Dallas' offense bailed them out tonight. THis defense is clearly not the same without Newman. Hope Newman can find a way back on the field soon.

Ellis wouldn't hurt either. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:49 pm

Al and Madden did a horrible job commentating on that game. All they talked about was the NYG injuries - totally ignoring the fact that Dallas was w/out 3 DEF starters. Newman maybe one of the top 3 CB's in the league.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:49 pm

Wow it could be a loooooooong season for the Giants depending on these injuries. :-{
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:49 pm

Cowboys played well tonight, but I'd be worried when they play a team that actually has some defense. They better fix that defense.
Fantasy Man 27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:55 pm

woodson_28 wrote:Al and Madden did a horrible job commentating on that game. All they talked about was the NYG injuries - totally ignoring the fact that Dallas was w/out 3 DEF starters. Newman maybe one of the top 3 CB's in the league.

No, they did just fine. Are you saying that the Giants weren't in trouble when their best DL went down, a key part to their ST went down, their starting RB went down, and their starting QB went down? Give me a break :-°
Fantasy Man 27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cleokatrah » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:00 pm

Man, my pc is nowhere near my TV so I had some catching up to do in here. That's my boys, making me bite half my knuckles off before letting me breath, or leave the sofa at all for that matter. It sucks for the Giants, having all of those injuries after game one. I hope Eli's shoulder is bruised like they said, and nothing more. Ward looks fine, but if Jacobs is out for any length of time, there goes your depth.

Dallas:
It seemed to me like our D came out on the field overconfident and cocky, and that Romo was playing with incredible nerves (and it showed). Roy had a lackluster night, which sucks, because he has a great work ethic and can teach our rookies something, and I want him to remain on the team. Newman needs to come back, fast, or we're dead for the season. No way can Romo and company keep up outscoring opponents like this if our D let's us get burned all the team.

Romo's a stud. Barber's a tank. Witten's a delightfully dangerous weapon, and I don't mind at all that Crayton's fantasy numbers will suck and he's starting on 2 of my teams - I don't mind at all cause that was terrific. Only please don't give me such a heart attack next time. My old heart can't take it.

Toomer's value will go up if Eli's injury isn't serious. Good luck to the Giants.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:08 pm

I noticed a couple of things about Romo that make me think he will be better this season than he was last season.

The main thing was his delivery of the football. He brought down his arm position. He always seemed to have a long throwing motion swinging the ball over his shoulder similar to pitching a baseball. I noticed in today's game that he brought his throwing motion down to the side more and it seemed to improve his accuracy. The biggest change though was his release. He had a FAST release on his passes today. He was getting them out really fast and I would attribute a couple of TD's to getting the ball out fast like that.

The other thing was the play actions. It looked like he changed his play action motion and it seemed to get a lot of people biting on it today. Instead of the fake handoff, it was more the disappearing ball method of just dropping the ball behind your thigh. Anyway, was it just me, or did others notice this stuff too?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting