GC: Dallas Cowboys vs. NY Giants - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Dallas Cowboys vs. NY Giants

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Dallas Cowboys vs. NY Giants

Postby Cleokatrah » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:18 pm

I definitely noticed, and was impressed with, his release speed. He has put alot of work into improving himself this offseason, and it shows, though I'm not football versed enough to recognize exactly how and why (like the lower elbow). There was definitely much more confidence there during the second half than the first half, and he handled the pressure of a poorly performing D well.

I didn't notice the differed play action, but then I wasn't looking for it either. I did notice that when he ran for it, there was not even a notion he was thinking of sliding ^_~
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:19 pm

Oh yeah, and he wasn't swinging the ball around behind him when he scrambled nearly as bad. :-°
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:25 am

Good thing I started Romo and Plexiglass! I'm up on my opponent 140-60 while he has Frank Gore to go :-b
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby redstorm41 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:54 pm

One thing was clear from last night, the Giants lack discipline. You can put up all the yards and points you want, but if you don't have a defense, it means nothing. You can blame the injuries all you want, but you have to find ways to win the ballgame. Excuses are thrown out the window. Here are some things to keep in mind:

Giants allowed 345 yards passing, no excuse for that. Cowboys were 6-11 on third down, you can't win if you don't stop your opponents on third down. 142 yards allowed to Jones, Barber, and Romo, again, no excuse. And the worst of it all, 45 points allowed. If you're going to allow 45 points a game, you might as well pack it up for the season.

With Eli out for a month and the injuries to Jacobs and Uminyiora, the Giants are in trouble. With the likes of Droughns and Lorenzen starting, it puts much more pressure on Shockey, Burress, and Toomer to get the offense going. The Giants need the offense to keep them close in games. If they get seven wins, they should consider themselves lucky.
redstorm41
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting