Yahoo WW lock out...how to do it - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo WW lock out...how to do it

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo WW lock out...how to do it

Postby bungle613 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:39 am

Can anyone tell me where the setting is to lockout waiver wire pickups during gametime. I have been told that it is possible but our commish can't find it and I don't have access to look. SO, any help is appreciated.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo WW lock out...how to do it

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:32 pm

I think you just have to do it manually by locking teams from adding and dropping players for as long as you want to. I know that there are no Sunday to Tuesday waivers in Yahoo free leagues.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mgrayo01 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:15 pm

I have the same problem. Have an manager complaining about how guys that have access to a computer during a game have an advantage over those who aren't around a comp.

I can't find any control over that other than what was said in the previous post, which I don't think is fair either. If you manually lock out everyone from picking up guys then you will have to manually unlock it at some point. This gives the commish and whoever else is around a comp at that time the advantage. I guess you just have to suck it up or have a computer ready when you are watching.
mgrayo01
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aqua » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:34 pm

Sunday to tuesday waivers are only available in yahoo plus leagues - so you would need to upgrade to the plus league to do it.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Lung » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:40 pm

Such a dumb rule that only Yahoo! pay leagues have the opportunity to turn on Sunday to Tuesday waivers. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby aqua » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:51 pm

I agree that it is dumb. You could limit player acquisitions to like 3 or 4 on the year and then if people want to waste them now then that's there perogative... Not as good as the sunday to tuesday waiver rule but cheaper.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:39 am

If you really want to do waivers, then you could always lock add/drops until a certain time and have owners send in their requests via e-mail or something like that. The one massive downfall of Yahoo is that they don't offer free Sunday to Tuesday waivers.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Return to Commissioner's Corner