Week 1 reactions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

Week 1 reactions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 1 reactions

Postby ksinghas » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:26 pm

I was pleased that the Skins were able to pull out the win in OT. SHoulda never went to OT if smoot coulda caught that int and WALKED into the endzone. I thought the offense looked ok. Pass game still needs work but will come with more reps with campbell. I was disappointed Cooley wasnt involved, though i think we chose to spread out the D with 3 wrs to help open up the run. The rush attack was great in the second half as well. Defensively the pass rush was still not there. The secondary seemed to slow up in the second half as the only thing that saved us was the Fins dropping all of those balls. Overall I was just happy we opened up with a win but i think we need a better passing game to beat the Eagles next monday. SHould be a great game though!
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 1 reactions

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:53 pm

At times the defense looked awesome, at times they looked crappy. At times the offense looked awesome, other times was downright awful. Gotta give props to Miami though their defense is better than people give them credit.

Hopefully the Jansen injury doesn't hurt us much. It was talked about in another thread that probably the reason Cooley wasn't as involved in the passing game was he had to help block more. I think there is some truth to that but as one who watched the game live I saw Cooley in the slot just as much as ever.

I do know if we go into Philly and win one to go 2-0, then it'll be time to start getting excited. McNabb will be the key, if he is still off (which is highly unlikely) we have a great chance to win.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Re: Week 1 reactions

Postby ksinghas » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:26 am

I agree with you that Cooley was needed to help block. I seen many times when they actually went 3 wide in the second half with loyd. I think they did this to spread out the D and then help open up the run up the middle.

If we could just get a pass rush on McNabb. Yeah i know, that's impossible for us to do. But if we can force him to make some mistakes, better yet bruise him up some, then we got a good chance.
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Washington Redskins