Tough Loss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Tough Loss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tough Loss

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:39 pm

I personally try not ot overact to one game but the issues that concerned me during preseason still seem to be a major concern IMO.

First off we were manhandled up front on both sides of the ball. The O-line didn't get much of a push against the Pats front seven/eight. Chad also seemed o be under pressure often. The D-line once again was pushed around and we got absolutely no pass rush all game. Brady sat back and picked us apart all game.

I'm a big Chad fan and I personally didn't like the fans cheering when he came limping off and Clemens ran out. Chad's a warrior and always gives 110%. With that being said if Chad can't throw deep anymore than we need to make a switch at QB. I don't recall him taking one shot downfield all game. The pats basically had everyone up close and completely shut down our running game.

Barrett and Miller are both not very good cover corners. Brady went after them all day instead of testing Revis.

Baltimore is another big physical defense and I don't see us having much success against them. Even if Clemens starts, it would be asking alot of him playing on the road against that defense.

It's a long season and I have faith that Mangini and the rest of the coaching staff will get this turned around quickly.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to New York Jets