Week 1 is always funny, chill folks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 1 is always funny, chill folks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 1 is always funny, chill folks

Postby ttwarrior1 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Don't be surprised if romo throws no td's next week, bulger throws 5 td, bush gets 3 td's, s jackson gets 200 yards, eagles score 45 pts, colts only get 5 fg. Just chill and watch
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 1 is always funny, chill folks

Postby xbroncosx2003 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:41 pm

I started Mcnabb....S.Jax....B.Jacobs.....O.Daniels. I traded Calvin Johnson and Julius Jones for Javon Walker. And I traded M.Shaub and L.Betts for A.Green and B.favre. So next week on paper Here is my lineup.

QB: McNabb
WR:Andre Johnson
WR:J.Walker
RB:S.Jax
RB.E.James
WR/RB:A.Green or H.ward
TE:Eric Johnson
Def:Miami
K: Gould

My team looks good on paper but I got my ass handed to me and had the lowest score with the guys I had in the first week, but next week Im projected to have the highest score....so I hope week 1 was just a freak thing!
QB:J.Cutler (M.Hasselbeck)
WR:R.Moss,A.Johnson(Megatron, T.Holt,D.Branch)
RB:M.Barber,J.Lewis(E.Graham,R.Brown,CJ4.24,)
TE:J.Carlson(T.Heap)
K:J.Scobee
DEF:TEN (IND)
D:R.Lewis
xbroncosx2003
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby J35J » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:20 pm

After the first preseason game I still said LJ would get his 1400+ yds and 14 TDs......now after the last 3 preseason games and this first regular season games if LJ can get 1200+ yds and 9 TDs I'll think he did VERY well!!! I feel bad for those who wasted a top 5 pick on this guy!! Don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with LJ, he's a stud, but this team can't do anything offensively and it won't likely change a whole lot throughout the season! Ugh! :-t
J35J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:25 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:Don't be surprised if romo throws no td's next week, bulger throws 5 td, bush gets 3 td's, s jackson gets 200 yards, eagles score 45 pts, colts only get 5 fg. Just chill and watch

I agree with the point. Putting too much emphasis on week 1 is the detriment of many fantasy teams. You should have faith in your draft, and unless the player's situation has changed since then (moved up/down in depth chart, injuries, etc) you should not panic by a lackluster week 1. Those that do will likely start Randel El, and wonder for the next 2-3 weeks why he's not posting 100 yard games, then drop him for Nate Burleson or such and get the same results constantly chasing the last big week by a weak fantasy player.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:03 pm

There are two very extreme ways that people approach this dilemma in FF.

There is the camp that jumps off a bridge at the first sign of trouble and will dump their 3 years stud for 1 bad week in order to grab a flash in the pan that they saw on Monday Night Football the day before, and there is the camp that holds onto and starts their high draft pick even as they approach double digit weeks of consecutive ineptitude.

The trick is to find that middle ground, and find WHERE it is (how many bad weeks in a row is it before you're just being stubborn and playing your guy for his name alone?). We have not approached that spot yet, anyone jumping off now is in the first extremist camp and will pay for it more often than not.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk