Yahoo WW Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo WW Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo WW Question

Postby GP1 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:44 pm

How do you set up the league so there's no free agents? As our league is currently set up, the only people on the waiver wire are people who have been dropped in the last 3 days. Everyone else is a free agent who can be picked up whenever.

It's a little annoying that people are picking up players in game, making adjustments in real time based on injuries or whatever. It's unfair to people who don't watch games in front of a computer and totally defeats the purpose of a waiver system. Ideally, I'd like every player to be on waivers starting on tuesdays. Is this possible?
GP1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo WW Question

Postby mgrayo01 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:18 pm

I'm the commish in my league and have the same problem. Any Yahoo users have any info? I couldn't find anything anywhere in Yahoo Help either.
mgrayo01
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo WW Question

Postby aqua » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:42 pm

you can't have people eternally be on waivers, and I don't actually think that is what you are looking to do as people should be able to pick up players that nobody wants without sacrificing their waiver priority. Yahoo has an option to place all free agents on waivers when the first games start on sunday and then they come off waivers on Tuesday - this eliminates people from picking up players mid game (except for when there are thursday games etc). Unfortunately, this feature is only available in the yahoo plus leagues and not in the free leagues.

If it is a major issue and you don't want to upgrade, consider limiting the player aquisitions to a really low number, so if people jump on people week 1, then they can screw themselves later on in the year if they have an injury and can't pickup a quarterback (for example). Or upgrade the league or find another site to use next year - I know that fleaflicker does the sunday-tuesday for free.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner