Does Anybody Know.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does Anybody Know....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does Anybody Know....

Postby FirstAnd99 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:51 pm

....what's with the little green dot on the back of the QB's helmets this year??
FirstAnd99
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Does Anybody Know....

Postby Popcynical » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:54 pm

It means it's the communications helmet. A team can only have one on the field at a time.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:57 pm

Popcynical wrote:It means it's the communications helmet. A team can only have one on the field at a time.

Ya, that sounds right. I would have guessed so that the QB knows which helmet was his :-B
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:04 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
Popcynical wrote:It means it's the communications helmet. A team can only have one on the field at a time.

Ya, that sounds right. I would have guessed so that the QB knows which helmet was his :-B

he is right, they made a deal about it during the preseason. Guys like Seneca Wallace that come in to play QB and WR sometimes have to have 2 helmets
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gtabaplayr » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 pm

Question: Do any defensive players have the "green dot" on their helmet? Are they allowed to have receivers in their helmet to hear play calls?
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:08 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:Question: Do any defensive players have the "green dot" on their helmet? Are they allowed to have receivers in their helmet to hear play calls?

No and No. As I said, only one player on the field at a time can have a green dot. The defense players could have one, but none do at the moment
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gtabaplayr » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:12 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
gtabaplayr wrote:Question: Do any defensive players have the "green dot" on their helmet? Are they allowed to have receivers in their helmet to hear play calls?

No and No. As I said, only one player on the field at a time can have a green dot. The defense players could have one, but none do at the moment

Why not? Why can't the defensive play caller have the same responsibility as the offensive quarterback?
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:21 pm

Apparently not.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:00 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Why not? Why can't the defensive play caller have the same responsibility as the offensive quarterback?

did u not read my last sentence :-?

you asked if there were any players that had one, not IF a d player COULD have one. I said they could have one, but don't at the moment
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FirstAnd99 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:10 pm

Ok, thanks. So the dot keeps teams from having more than one on the field at one time. I guess the NFL needs rules like that in place to keep teams from cheating like the Patriots ;-) (I had to go there)
FirstAnd99
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk